Bad movies!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Well, I got asstime to burn, so been flipping through the old DVD's finding some cinamatic wonders to help eat time. Some good, some are fun, others well, you all know about the others. Yesterday, I watched Transformers 3, and Taken. Both good movies if you watch them as entertainment only. Today I watched Constantine, with Keanu Reeves, the dude can't act! Same skills he had back in the "Bill and Teds" era. That aside, I still found my self enjoying the show. Gotta love the meds!

What movies do you guys gravitate towards when its just you and the screen?

I thought Taken was a masterpiece of suspense--for pushing the boundaries of what is within believable reason. Liam Neeson is a top notch actor.

I like Constantine for it's potential, and what they chose to do differently from the comic(which is dark, immature, excessive). But it was a failure at being cool.

When I'm sick it makes me want to watch thoughtful science fiction and standup. Last time I watched Louis C.K. and I slobbered and fell off the couch.

Rachael Weisz in a wet t-shirt will always compensate for the Tin Man's acting or lack thereof. Taken is good solid guy entertainment.

"
Last time I watched Louis C.K. and I slobbered and fell off the couch."
i just watched one of his live shows from N.Y. Sooo funny,he's one hilarious dude..Another one of my favorite comedians is Ricky Gervais,anything he does is hilarious.

I should temper the original statement by saying I am saving the worst for last, these were good, Taken was fantastic! Liam Neeson at his best. Oh yeah, watched Clash of the Titans as well!

Some of the old Schwarzenegger movies - the Terminator series; Predator; Commando; The Running Man; True Lies; Total Recall.

Lord of the Rings.

Our boy Keanu in The Matrix or in Speed.

Serenity (stars Nathan Fillion, a hometown boy from Edmonton).

Iron Man. X-Men. Spiderman. Fantastic Four.

Serenity is on the short list, as is The Last Samurai, The Matrix trilogy, and the Underworld movies. Love Kate in the black latex!

Like Rick I also love old Schwarzenegger movies. I also love some of Stallone's old ones, Cobra in particular is a classic cheesy 80s film. I dunno why but I love the old 80s cheesy action films. I think it's because they have a certain integrity about them. They aren't trying to be something they're not. I also love the original Miami Vice tv series, but it isn't really cheesy, when I have some time on my hands I always go through it all on dvd

:D Oh Yeah! I got Daves guide to sharpening videos to watch to!! :matrix:

Hey Dave! You need a little knife sharpening smiley!

When I was recovering from my last surgical adventure I watched a lot of old "biker" movies. My local movie store has a "psycotronic" section with Russ Meyer stuff that is funny.

I should temper the original statement by saying I am saving the worst for last, these were good, Taken was fantastic! Liam Neeson at his best. Oh yeah, watched Clash of the Titans as well!

I hope you got to watch the non-theatrical version of Taken, if you're into a little extra torture for the bad guys.

I find all transformers movies pretty entertaining.
Just watched The change up , very funny and perfect to kill time.
The hangover II was ok

I saw Hangover a while ago, some parts I found funny, but not enough to watch the sequel. I might watch Shooter again. The Highlander movies might make the cut. Loved them when I was younger. There are a few Nick Cage movies I could watch again too.

Finally something we disagree on, Pierre. I can't stand Nick Cage! I have a theory that if you take Nick Cage out of any movie he's done and put Bruce Willis in his place, you get a REAL winner!

You probably have a point, I forgot about the Bruce Willis movies! Them, some Stallone, Chronicles of Riddick... Oh! Who remembers the Iron Eagle movies, Love Lou Gosset Jr! ( I know, I can't spell! :) ) Them were some fun movies when I was a kid! Sly in Over the Top, good one against the world stuff there!

Pierre - Until you're ready to grow up and admit that "Point Break" is a good movie (including Keanu's turn as Special Agent Johnny Utah), this thread is dead to me. ;)

Finally something we disagree on, Pierre. I can't stand Nick Cage! I have a theory that if you take Nick Cage out of any movie he's done and put Bruce Willis in his place, you get a REAL winner!

Not true. Raising Arizona would have sucked with Bruce Willis but Cage played it well. Other than that I do agree.

k.

I thought "Wild at Heart" was an interesting turn for Nick

When I am sick, I like anything to do with bank heists and stealing stuff or spy drama. The Oceans series, Bourne series, Taken, etc. I loved that old series Mission Impossible too -- maybe Hulu has it. In terms of stuff I could watch over and over.

* The Big Lebowski (and most Coen Brothers movies)
* Inglorious Basterds
* Fight Club
* Taken is getting up there in the list
* Last of the Mohicans (and most Daniel Day Lewis movies)

I have also watched Band of Brothers a few times.

But nothing trumps comedy. Margaret Cho, Zach Galifianakis, Demitri Martin, Louis C.K., and Mike Birbiglia are my current favorites and all have HBO or Showtime specials.

k.

Like Rick I also love old Schwarzenegger movies. I also love some of Stallone's old ones, Cobra in particular is a classic cheesy 80s film. I dunno why but I love the old 80s cheesy action films. I think it's because they have a certain integrity about them. They aren't trying to be something they're not. I also love the original Miami Vice tv series, but it isn't really cheesy, when I have some time on my hands I always go through it all on dvd
Oh, please. I lived in Miami at the time and watched the show, but it was a huge steaming vat of moldy, putrid Velveeta. Phillip Michael Thomas always looked like he had showered in Mobil 1.:lol2:

When I am sick, I like anything to do with bank heists and stealing stuff or spy drama. The Oceans series, Bourne series, Taken, etc. I loved that old series Mission Impossible too -- maybe Hulu has it. In terms of stuff I could watch over and over.

* The Big Lebowski (and most Coen Brothers movies)
* Inglorious Basterds
* Fight Club
* Taken is getting up there in the list
* Last of the Mohicans (and most Daniel Day Lewis movies)

I have also watched Band of Brothers a few times.

But nothing trumps comedy. Margaret Cho, Zach Galifianakis, Demitri Martin, Louis C.K., and Mike Birbiglia are my current favorites and all have HBO or Showtime specials.

k.

+1 several times.

-AJ

I saw Hangover a while ago, some parts I found funny, but not enough to watch the sequel. I might watch Shooter again. The Highlander movies might make the cut. Loved them when I was younger. There are a few Nick Cage movies I could watch again too.
Shooter is one of those not too uncommon movies where the supporting cast carries the film.

As a rule, I don't do chick flicks except to fast forward to the parts where one of my favorite little Hollywood pop tarts is in some stage of undress. But I will confess that if Amelie comes on cable, I will watch at least part of it every time. It is not a bad film, but a pretty good one, but I may have my man card revoked or at least suspended for some period of time because it is a chick flick in FRENCH!!!!!!:sad0:

Not sure we are really talking bad movies here. :)

I'm not sure I can watch Shooter. I read the book 4 times and am just too afraid of let down.

I like shoot em ups and comedies, especially stand up. Maybe not if I was in pain though, might hurt too much to laugh.

The ultimate shoot em up is Mean Guns with Christopher Lambert. That's not a recommendation by the way, just a statement of fact.

Movies I can always make time for:

The 5 Dirty Harrys
The 3 Spaghetti Westerns
Hero (subtitled)
The Killer (subtitled)
The Professional

There are others but those hit me right off the bat.

-AJ

Pierre - Until you're ready to grow up and admit that "Point Break" is a good movie (including Keanu's turn as Special Agent Johnny Utah), this thread is dead to me. ;)

Ok, ok, it was da bomb! Johnny Utah, :D good times, especially the scene where he bails outta the plane after Patrick. That and the night surfing scenes!

Amalie is amazing. Be proud.

But if you want to feel better, just watch La Femme Nakita in French after it and all will be fine ;)

k.

Oh I didn't know we were doing recommendations! I'll give some thoughtful SciFi and standup recs.

Aside from the more on-the-beaten-path stuff, I'd say:
Primer
Dark City
ANYTHING AT ALL EVER by the Coen Brothers--best directors alive(though not scifi)
The Fountain
The Mist(not SciFi, but my other favorite director, and MIND BLOWING plot)

Standup:
Mitch Hedberg
Louis C K
Jerry Seinfeld
Robin Williams
Dave Chappelle
Ron White

Latest posts

Back