Media Community Video editing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan G.

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,

I have been wanting to do some videos for some time now. I love Rick's (Theory) and Curtis' (Cdawg) videos to name a couple. I changed jobs about 2 months ago to return to a restaurant I opened to be their Executive Chef and future "corporate" Chef I guess you would label it as (though the environment with our company feels ANYTHING BUT corporate, in a GREAT way). I have been very busy returning the standards to the restaurant I helped opened, as well as preparing (ordering plate wear, small wears, staffing, etc etc) for the new location as well. I very much want to get some videos done for our website as well as for general info and learning purposes like Rick does. I would think some with commentary, some with music, some with some notes, I am open to all ideas as I have seen all the stated and found value in each of them.

My knowledge is vast in many areas, video editing and shooting not being one of them at the current moment in time. Nor do I have the time to edit after reading how long it takes Rick to edit his beautiful short films.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in someone with some free time and knowledge in editing some video footage when I get some videos done. I cannot offer much at this time except my appreciation and gratitude and if you live in the Tampa area a nice meal or some cooking lessons or a day hanging out in a fun kitchen.

Just throwing it out there to see if there is any interest. I'm not one for micro management so I would just pass video around to whoever and view it after it's done (however the contributor feels fit to edit) and post accordingly. A few for the site and/or you tube/facebook page with credit for editing and ones that I feel might not fit I could post here for general use. This is my initial idea anyway to see where the interest lies.

Thanks so much to everyone on the forums and those who do post like Rick, Curtis, Scott and others who bring true and correct educational value to our field.

Kindest Regards

Bryan

Here's a thought -- perhaps your local high school has a club or career center with people studying video production. You may be able to get local, free help while helping them out by providing a project. I think Dave M. used a group like this for his sharpening video (there may have been a family connection, though).

That's a pretty good thought! Perhaps I'll look into that as well. Thank you

Regards

Hey Brian! I'm a student in video editing and search for opportunities like this to add for my portfolio. Your post caught my eye since I'm also an aspiring chef (currently working as a line cook lol)! All I ask is a recommendation if needed :) I checked out C-Dawgs vids as well and I gotta say I like his style! If you want, we can brainstorm ideas and send files back and forth as we go with skype. I'll pm you my details if your interested.

Back