Calling Chef Colin..........

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
what's up with this new restaurant i'm hearing about?????????????????.....people wanna know......ryan

Word travel fast, I only told one person!
Yes I'm opening a new place. I started about 2 months ago. The the B. S. Work is done. This Wednesday the fun starts, putting the kitchen together!! Have 80k worth of equipment siting in boxes right now. I should be open by May 1st.
With this new forum and all I got the idea to do a " new restaurant, W.I.P." thread, kinda like the knife makers do when they make a knife.

Word travel fast, I only told one person!
Yes I'm opening a new place. I started about 2 months ago. The the B. S. Work is done. This Wednesday the fun starts, putting the kitchen together!! Have 80k worth of equipment siting in boxes right now. I should be open by May 1st.
With this new forum and all I got the idea to do a " new restaurant, W.I.P." thread, kinda like the knife makers do when they make a knife.

Word might travel fast but it didn't travel too far though. Haha :D

Man, I sure don't want to think what it must be like to open a restaurant, I wish you much luck! And yes please, a WIP thread would be welcome and would fit right in here in this section. :)

looking for some help Chef. Because I'm looking for new employment.

Colin,
I hope you will save a table for the gang on you opening night!

Wait, do I have to take a shower and wear clean clothes?

Nopp, casual waterfront catering to nautical diners. I.E. Free parking for cars and boats, a rarity in NY.
& don't worry if ya get to drunk & can't make it home B/C I'm building it in a old motel. I'm turning the rooms into "chic" retro 1970's Vagus look

Nopp, casual waterfront catering to nautical diners. I.E. Free parking for cars and boats, a rarity in NY.
& don't worry if ya get to drunk & can't make it home B/C I'm building it in a old motel. I'm turning the rooms into "chic" retro 1970's Vagus look

I am sooo confused. Free boat parking in NYC? Motel? Welcome to Strangeland....Colin Style!

I am sooo confused. Free boat parking in NYC? Motel? Welcome to Strangeland....Colin Style!

word-2.gif

Staten Island, Manhattan Island, Long Island-We are drowning in it.

aerial-statue-of-liberty-l.jpg

wow awesome. how many rooms? nice "archway" over the entrance.

No, that's a old pic before the renovation. I only own 1/2 the restaurant, not the whole "hotel" I call it a Motel because the entrance to the rooms is only from the out side. It only 80 rooms, old place had 180 but all the wall were ripped out & the rooms made bigger. The back 2 building are no longer there, boat slips were put in. The pool is also no longer there, it was filled in back in the 80's, owner at the time did it to drop the insurance.

Very cool. If I make it out there later this year, I will pre-order a room and the wine list :)

Stefan

Wow, that's a fine looking place Colin, you're gonna have to post some more up to date pix, have you got a website up and running for it yet?

Jim

Sounds like a cool -- and demanding -- project. Good luck, and look for the humor whenever there's a misstep in the construction process. It will help keep you sane :)

ohh man....am i gonna miss the road trip......i am leaving to go to tscotland on may 1st......ryan

Colin whats the menu going to be like?

May first is on my calender!

jim u suck....dave if you're goin i'm gonna be pissed...u guys gotta go again when i come back!!!!!!!!!!!!.....ryan

jim u suck....dave if you're goin i'm gonna be pissed...u guys gotta go again when i come back!!!!!!!!!!!!.....ryan

One thing Ryan- I am ALWAYS open to going out to eat at Colins place! Last time he fed me was a flat out terrific meal.

Back