I'll buy your Burke at the ABS Expo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
So I know everyone here knows Burkes are considered some of the very best in 52100 kitchen knives. I also know that he has a wait list for special orders and his stuff sells fast, so it's hard to even get the chance to buy one.

Well, I'll be at the ABS Expo in San Antonio, Texas, on January 27, 2012. If anyone wants to buy one of his, I'll be more than happy to be your hands and wallet.

He said he's going to have a 210 Yanagiba made from Tamahagane(which, IIRC, is made from local-to-him Idaho Magnetite), a "killer damascus 210mm gyuto laser", and a few more kitchen knives, plus outdoor knives and hunters. You can contact him for pricing info(since I don't work for him), but none of them are going to disappoint!

Here's what I was thinking:

I can take money via paypal or pretty much any reliable, cheap way to get money. I'll hold it in escrow and take it to the show.

The Expo has an hour of VIP preview time for an hour, 1pm-2pm CST, where I will be able to take some pics with my phone and send them via text/email/pm, make phone calls to you, discuss, etc(I will browse the other vendors during the other 4 hours =] ). If it turns out not to be something you want, no problem, I don't want your money, I'll just send it back.

No risk, really!

If you wanna give me some gas money, that'd be cool, but I just wanted to offer the chance for those who aren't even close to the show.

Post here or PM me if you want to set something up.

I hope for pics of Burke knives.

And thanks for doing this. I would love to go there myself :)

Oh there will be pictures for sure. Lots of pictures of the whole thing, hopefully.

But if you want to buy one, you'll get pics first, lol.

C'mon, someone! This would be super fun! Plus you can buy a Bill Burke Tamahagane 210 Yanagiba! Hello! Best meat processor ever.

I look forward to pics :)
Bills own camera seems to be broken, so I appreciate you bringer yours Eamon. Video interview with Bill would also be legendary!

Could Bll post a list of wht he will have?
Also you need to find a way to beat the E.E. boys from buying everything 1st. I think that's how these shows go, VIP opens they rush to Bill and buy everything?

I'm young, I can run fast.

Faster than this one?
Daniel-OMalley-Epicurean-Edge.jpeg

Anyway, I would love to see some pics.

I don't know, Eamon is pretty slim, I think he can take him, isn't O'Malley an irish name?

Eamon the 'Enabler' you are. I would take you up on this in a second, but I am on Burke's wait list, so in 2+ years I will have my knife -- that gives just enough time to save up ;)

With that said, I would love to see the photos and hear about it. Throw in an elbow an elbow and get ahead of the EE guy.

k.

I agree. We would need to see a foot photo to be sure.
If his feet look like those sideburns, then.......definite hobbit.

Hard to get a foot photo. They wear socks with their sandals around here.

Throw in an elbow an elbow and get ahead of the EE guy.

For far too long the EE guy has been the only non waitlist source for Burkes...make sure to yell "FREEDOM!!" as you sprint past.

Well, I have enough time to figure it out, but I am leaning towards a shorter suji or gyuto (maybe 220).

k.

All details
San-mai?
Damascus?
Western handle?
Horn or wood?

Im glad mine are about to be made, cause there is a rule on the forum that you cannot copy another members knife :)
Woot - hehe!

Eamon you can just stroll on over. as of my last conversation with him it looks like Daniel will not be going to texas. he has put in a request for photos though.

That's what a tricksy Hobbit WOULD say.

JK. Glad he's not going to hoard them, but I am not glad I won't meet him. Oh well.

All details
San-mai?
Damascus?
Western handle?
Horn or wood?

Im glad mine are about to be made, cause there is a rule on the forum that you cannot copy another members knife :)
Woot - hehe!

All details
San-mai? Leaning towards this BUT...
Damascus? Probably no.
Western handle? Western.
Horn or wood? Don't know. This is the last step.

Burke's suji for Colin is one of my dream knives. Something similar to that would make me very happy.

k.

I hope to see some pics soon :)

Mr Drinky:
I look forward to what you might end up with. When will it be done?

How about some pics of what you're bringing?

I need to see more pics of your skills. As founder of the Bill Burke fan club European division, I need some more pics to show all the members :)

Erik "Shrek" Fritz;75025 said:
Bill Burke the man is quite a dissapointment from Bill Burke the legend:justkidding:
I think I'm missing something here.

You guys will have to excuse my friend Erik. everyone knows Ogre's have very bad manners.:)

Back