Quantcast
What nationality(s) are you?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What nationality(s) are you?

What nationality(s) are you?

I've always curious about people's backgrounds (not on the forums specifically, but in life in general), especially those who celebrate their nationality/heritage in some way.

Polish(50%), Ukrainian(25%) and Scottish(25%)

Our family only really celebrates the Polish side, as I grew up with homemade dishes from my grandmother/ma/aunts.

What about you guys?

Moravian 50%, now Czech Republic, BRNO area, and Lebanese 50% making me the only Polish-Camel Jockey anywhere. Family reunions only on the Moravian side and food traditions, handed down recipes, only on the Lebanese side.....bipolar family...you know. All that then mixed into the US Southwest cultural traditions.

100% German. On my father's side there seems to be a longer line of rural farmers around the area where my parents still live - atcually, my family still lives in the house that my grandma was born in. On my mother's side it's more colorful with some French hugenottes, some Slowenian, some Austrian, some Bohemian.

Stefan

German, Syrian and a few other things thrown into the mix.. like spices. A touch of American Indian, and a splash of Irish.. with just a pinch of Michigan red neck!

AS far as food, I grew up eating Syrian and middle eastern stuff like Kiba nehe and stuffed grape leaves, shadobe, and lamb and rice. etc, etc. (im sure my spelling is wrong on a few of these) This side of the family gathers often and enjoys the traditional foods.. Recipes past down from generation to generation. I cook a few of these dishes throughout the year to hold us over till we get to really chow down on the good stuff at the family get together's!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Irish. Back to the 12th century. From Galway.

My family has been in America about 80-90 years, but has only found other Irish family. My mother's mother's mother's side is part Cajun somehow. Basically not related.

50% South African 50% English. With some roots in Lithuania.

Feel 100% South African. It will always be my home.

polish/italian 50/50

50% German from my mother's side, Welsh, Scot/Irish on my father's side.

i'm unsure of my mother's side, but on my father's side it's German by way of England.

50% english on moms side. Dads side is French Canadian back to 1647 before that Portuguese, when great-great... Granddaddy, left as the roman catholic council to the king of Portugal, married some French noble lady, and caught the next boat to the new world! Gotta love drama!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

+ Reply to Thread