Thread: My new knife decision

My new knife decision

I am calling Jon in the morning and asking him about the Zakuri 240 gyuto AS. Any options or suggestions. Thank you

My suggested option:
    Call Jon in the morning and ask him about the Zakuri 240 gyuto AS.

The availability of that knife is: in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    My suggested option:
    Call Jon in the morning and ask him about the Zakuri 240 gyuto AS.
    LOL. That's funny Eamon, really funny. Jon WILL hook you up Andreas. The stars are in line -- in the morning that is.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Excellent choice for a heftier, carbon steel knife, imo. I was very surprised to find how well these knives cut, esp. considering their thickness at the spine.

Oh man. Now I want one. Thanks guys.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

im surprised there isnt more discussion about zakuris actually. they look so awesome, the taper, the handles, the steel. the kurouchi ones are actually cheaper than most AS steel knives that ive seen. the only reason i havent picked up one yet is i just havent really heard any kind of feedback from the forums. when that kurouchi 240mm is restocked im definitely picking one up!

I think you'll be happy with the Aogami...it's good stuff....let us know what you think after you get it.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

You probably will be in love with that Zakuri 240mm AS in migaki finish. I love my blue #1, 240 in kurouchi finish. Over time, I the finish has come off as a result of me not being able to hold my hand steady while polishing the bevel, so the finish has been stripped off as in here.