What defines a good mess? For me it is (in no order) good knives, good food, good company, and good wine.
Justin0505 came over tonight and we had a soup party. He made a coconut shrimp curry and I made a Moroccan lamb harira soup. They both turned out great.
Knives and kit used:
* Shigefusa Usuba with Mario handle
* Martell Gyuto #10
* My new Marr rehandled cleaver (via Nathan)
* Al Pendray hunter with new Dave edge
* Rodrigue sheep's foot parer and regular parer
* Devin Thomas cleaver
* Masahiro cleaver with Fish handle (via Rick/Andy)
* Carter SFGZ
* Fowler Gyuto
* Ealy and Devin Spoons
* Boardsmith and Green River Woods cutting boards
* Zaca Mesa
* Rosenberg Estates
Anyhow, it was a good time even though it was a school night. Below are some pictures.