1/9 New Stabilized Burl & Figured Wood Handle Material

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This is some of the new stuff being added to our webstore. Click on the photo to see what is still available.
Free Priority Mail Shipping Worldwide - Money Back Guarantee

I just finished adding a bunch of stabilized California Buckeye Burl.

I'm to broke to even care...

Stefan

there are 2 that are dam near must haves for me but i got to get funds back in my PP acc

I linked my credit card to my PayPal account...and spent $230 on burls from Mark :) Now I just need some blades to put the burls on!

there are 2 that are dam near must haves for me but i got to get funds back in my PP acc

If you need a little time to get funds in paypal I'm ok with that.
You just add the pieces you want to the shopping cart, at check out when it asks for payment method select check/money order. In notes tell me that you need a little time for funds, just give me an idea how long. This way it pulls the pieces from store inventory so they don't sell to someone else.

Geez, don't say that!!! That just makes it too easy!!!

i try really hard to buy only when i have the $ cause i know how hard it is to get out from under bills (i still have a bit of debt i want to clear)

1/13/12 Added a bunch of Pre-Cut Stabilized Scales
A lot of Koa and a few other types as well.

Aww, that amboyna went quick.

I just added a bunch of Stabilized Old Growth Redwood Burl to the store.

I grabbed the beautiful maple and mango pieces... BUT FOR WHAT?

I grabbed the beautiful maple and mango pieces... BUT FOR WHAT?
They are both unusual pieces with hypnotic figure.
If you keep them on your desk next to a lamp, they are fun to move around under the light and watch the figure change.
You might think I am kidding, but you'll see.

Today I added a variety of Dyed and Stabilized pieces to the web store.

Must resist the urge to push the "buy" button!!!

I still have more that I will be adding to the store.
Yesterday afternoon I was loading a batch and then lost internet service.
Internet came back on during the night. When I checked this morning I saw a forum member had gotten all the new ones.

I have also sent in several boxes of wood for stabilizing at K&G. They should start coming back in a couple weeks.
So far I have sent them 3 boxes of Old Growth Redwood Burl and 3 boxes of Maple Burl.
Later this week I will be sending more Koa, Mango, Walnut Burl and Spalted Sycamore.

I am almost willing to bet that Sycamore will be the really popular wood this year.
Here is some of the sycamore I am cutting. Snakeskin and burl figure with contrasting coloring.
These photos are rough cut. It will look lots better.
2-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

3.jpg

I just finished up adding a mix of unusual pieces this morning.

I just finished posting several sets of pre-cut scales to the web store.

[video=youtube;IsRM2FMEjJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsRM2FMEjJA[/video]

Not for the quality of your woods, but for keeping them dangling in front of me when I am trying to consolidate my other financial obligations ;)

Stefan

Stefan, You are strange!
But I like you.
[video=youtube_share;jxJFnv9yaVw]http://youtu.be/jxJFnv9yaVw[/video]

You might want to avoid my forum next month.
You'll see what I mean, or maybe you won't.

Am I making sense?????
No....I have not been drinking.

Back