I did it!!! My knife!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andreas

Reaction score
Well I finally did it thanks to all your help here in the forum. I called Carter knife today and spent about half an hour talking with Jason and he sold me a 200 mm high grade fun. My buying experience was great and I learned alot. I'm excited! What do you all think? Did I do right and what do I need to do now? I will now need advice and some serious help with sharpening. Thanks again

Congrats on pulling the trigger. I have not tried a Carter yet, but I am sure eventually with all I have read about them being great cutters. Enjoy!

Congratulations. Hard to see how you could be wrong with that knife. Enjoy!

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy using the knife :)

My first was a 270mm Carter HG. I love it. Sharpest knife I have ever handled out of the box. Congratulations on pulling the trigger!

That's a dream first knife, right there. Congrats!

Nice first knife! As for the help, we're always here for ya. :)

OOOh, too bad- you should have got the Takeda.

he can get a takeda next time. he doesn't have many choices that aren't a downgrade, lol.

Nice! you, my friend, just saved yourself a lot of money... you didn't have to go through the whole "shun" phase like I did...

Wish my first knife was a carter... oh well... it's the journey that counts I guess... (or is it?! :slaphead:)

Congrats! I don't know what Carter pays Jason, but he certainly gets his money's worth.

The only problem is that you're going to have a REALLY hard time topping or even coming close performance wise without spending a lot more money. Hopefully this one will keep you occupied for awhile.

I met Carter in Buena Park knife show and wish I bought a few blades back than. Years later, as well as price hikes, I did get my Carter nakiri and have never felt bad about buying it.

Never met the man but talked to him on the phone and I sure like his knives. That's a really nice start of a collection and no matter what else you will get, I am sure this one will remain among the top ones. My HG funayuki is among my most used knives.

Stefan

I've been fortunate enough to use 4 Carters whenever I want for some time now. They are all ridiculous, in the best possible way. The gyutos aren't thick, so you can't bang it around like a "tougher" knife, but they aren't exactly fragile either. If you treat your funy properly, it's going to be the knife love of your life. I have only used one other knife that cuts as well as a Carter, and it wasn't exactly "off the shelf".
I know I said it before, but great choice!

Latest posts

Back