Quantcast
Fried Chicken
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken

Made some fried chicken tonight. Soaked in buttermilk and yogurt overnight with some seasonings. Dredged in flour and corn flour. Also some home made coleslaw. Dessert was strawberries macerated in balsamic vinegar and served over ricotta.

Man that looks GOOD!!!!!!!

I can almost smell the chicken! Nice work.

Sounds really good. Nice work!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

That made my mouth water! Nice job!

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post

D@MN that looks good. I hope you don't mind if I invite myself over for dinner.

Very Nice. I love good pan fried chicken. Learned how to cook it from my grandfather and think in the last few years I finally passed him.

How do you find the corn flour changes the crust? I have been using a 50/50 mix of flour and rice flour for a very thin but crunchy crust.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffS View Post
    Very Nice. I love good pan fried chicken. Learned how to cook it from my grandfather and think in the last few years I finally passed him.

How do you find the corn flour changes the crust? I have been using a 50/50 mix of flour and rice flour for a very thin but crunchy crust.
    I like it. Gives it a little more body than straight all purpose wheat flour. never tried rice flour.

Hmmm might have to give corn flour a try.

I have found the rice flour helps add a level of crunch to the crust that wheat flour just can't match. Straight rice flour produces a crust that is way too thin for fried chicken, but a mix seems to give a great mix of body and crunch. Got the idea of using rice flour from a Vietnamese version of fried chicken.

Another question for you, how do you like your oil level? I notice in the pics that you are using a fairly shallow fry. I have started using a little higher level of oil in the pan when I fry. Still not quite half way up the chicken, but a little higher then what you have there. Have you tried a higher level?

Sorry for all the questions. I just love talking to people about their fried chicken. Always interesting to see what other people are doing

+ Reply to Thread