Quantcast
Some things you all might be interested in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some things you all might be interested in.

Some things you all might be interested in.

So, I have somethings that some of you knife makers might want. I'd be interested in a trade for some custom work. well, here they are.
    Three Hippo Ivory tusks. 2 at roughly 10 1/2 inches long and 1 at 11 1/2 inches long. These are solid and would make excellent knife scales or awesome wa handles. These are getting pretty hard to come by these day's and quite expensive at this size if you can find it.

edit:moderators can you move this to the B/s/t section
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    Last edited by sachem allison; 01-09-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: need to move to the b/s/t section

Very nice stuff! Looks like each one would yield 2 handles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Very nice stuff! Looks like each one would yield 2 handles!
    Sorry the big one is only 11 inches.
    the 10 1/2 in tusks have a conical root cavity about 2 inches or so deep and the 11 inch one about 2 1/2 or so. These do come with Cites permit number so that they can be sold.

also up for you are two brand new natural Belgian Blue whetstones. I bought about a dozen of these for my cooks fifteen years ago and had put away a couple of them. They have never been used. The dimensions are 4 1/2 x 3 x 1 1/8. They come in a rubber case. I think the blue is roughly 4 to 6 thousand grit. nobody knows for sure. I am looking for $50 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    also up for you are two brand new natural Belgian Blue whetstones. I bought about a dozen of these for my cooks fifteen years ago and had put away a couple of them. They have never been used. The dimensions are 4 1/2 x 3 x 1 1/8. They come in a rubber case. I think the blue is roughly 4 to 6 thousand grit. nobody knows for sure. I am looking for $50 shipped
    That's each by the way.

Please post a price for the tusks....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Nice looking tusks. FYI guys, the round tusks supposedly do not have the bandsaw killing layer of super hard enamel that the big curved tusks do.

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Please post a price for the tusks....Ryan
    Ryan, They are for trading only and I just traded 2 of them. I'm not sure how I should list them in this case, with our current policy. Is trading okay?

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    one down one to go

For sale, The guys think these are seki magoroko .About 8 years ago I had a culinary student come in and intern with me. He was a real douche bag and lasted about three days before some of my crew took him out back. Well, he never came back for his stuff. I have been holding on too them for the last 8 years. They don't look like they were ever sharpened, except the deba. They definitely need to be put on the stones. They look stainless. these are the dimension not in mm as I am too lazy to convert. These are all marked KAI. I know that Kai makes shun and Kershaw and about a hundred other lines. What line is this and are they worth restoring? The whole set for $150 you pay the shipping.
    Gyuto? 8 1/8in x 2in
    usuba 6 3/4in x 1 3/4in
    deba 5in x 1 5/8in
    yanagi 6 1/4in x 1in
    yanagi 9 1/8in x 1 1/4in