• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Some things you all might be interested in.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
So, I have somethings that some of you knife makers might want. I'd be interested in a trade for some custom work. well, here they are.
Three Hippo Ivory tusks. 2 at roughly 10 1/2 inches long and 1 at 11 1/2 inches long. These are solid and would make excellent knife scales or awesome wa handles. These are getting pretty hard to come by these day's and quite expensive at this size if you can find it.

edit:moderators can you move this to the B/s/t section

hippo tusk 16.jpg

hippo tusk15.jpg

hippo tusk1.jpg

hippo tusk2.jpg

hippo tusk3.jpg

hippo tusk5.jpg

hippo tusk4.jpg

hippo tusk6.jpg

hippo tusk7.jpg

hippo tusk8.jpg

hippo tusk9.jpg

hippo tusk11.jpg

hippo tusk13.jpg

hippo tusk12.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice stuff! Looks like each one would yield 2 handles!

Very nice stuff! Looks like each one would yield 2 handles!
Sorry the big one is only 11 inches.
the 10 1/2 in tusks have a conical root cavity about 2 inches or so deep and the 11 inch one about 2 1/2 or so. These do come with Cites permit number so that they can be sold.

also up for you are two brand new natural Belgian Blue whetstones. I bought about a dozen of these for my cooks fifteen years ago and had put away a couple of them. They have never been used. The dimensions are 4 1/2 x 3 x 1 1/8. They come in a rubber case. I think the blue is roughly 4 to 6 thousand grit. nobody knows for sure. I am looking for $50 shipped

belgian1.jpg

belgian2.jpg

belgian3.jpg

belgian4.jpg

belgian5.jpg

belgian11.jpg

belgian7.jpg

belgian9.jpg

also up for you are two brand new natural Belgian Blue whetstones. I bought about a dozen of these for my cooks fifteen years ago and had put away a couple of them. They have never been used. The dimensions are 4 1/2 x 3 x 1 1/8. They come in a rubber case. I think the blue is roughly 4 to 6 thousand grit. nobody knows for sure. I am looking for $50 shipped

That's each by the way.

Nice looking tusks. FYI guys, the round tusks supposedly do not have the bandsaw killing layer of super hard enamel that the big curved tusks do.

one down one to go

For sale, The guys think these are seki magoroko .About 8 years ago I had a culinary student come in and intern with me. He was a real douche bag and lasted about three days before some of my crew took him out back. Well, he never came back for his stuff. I have been holding on too them for the last 8 years. They don't look like they were ever sharpened, except the deba. They definitely need to be put on the stones. They look stainless. these are the dimension not in mm as I am too lazy to convert. These are all marked KAI. I know that Kai makes shun and Kershaw and about a hundred other lines. What line is this and are they worth restoring? The whole set for $150 you pay the shipping.
Gyuto? 8 1/8in x 2in
usuba 6 3/4in x 1 3/4in
deba 5in x 1 5/8in
yanagi 6 1/4in x 1in
yanagi 9 1/8in x 1 1/4in

Also have a stainless yanagi that I have no idea where I picked it up. It is pretty thin compared to the other one, about half the thickness.

yanagi 12in x 1 3/8in . I don't know who the maker is $75

For sale, The guys think these are seki magoroko .About 8 years ago I had a culinary student come in and intern with me. He was a real douche bag and lasted about three days before some of my crew took him out back. Well, he never came back for his stuff. I have been holding on too them for the last 8 years. They don't look like they were ever sharpened, except the deba. They definitely need to be put on the stones. They look stainless. these are the dimension not in mm as I am too lazy to convert. These are all marked KAI. I know that Kai makes shun and Kershaw and about a hundred other lines. What line is this and are they worth restoring? The whole set for $150 you pay the shipping.
Gyuto? 8 1/8in x 2in
usuba 6 3/4in x 1 3/4in
deba 5in x 1 5/8in
yanagi 6 1/4in x 1in
yanagi 9 1/8in x 1 1/4in

set sold!

Back