Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had to buy a new car sad day.

Had to buy a new car sad day.

After 11 years of service my Sentra was totaled by a 16 year old last week, had her license for 3 weeks. Tonight I went and got a Camry, just another member of the pack, my wife wasn't feeling the Taurus so we ended up with a Camry. I hope my accelerator doesn't jam, hope it lasts as long as they used to anyway.

Engorged Member
    I got hit by a cop last year and totaled my v70 wagon. I was angry but replaced it with a saab 92x and am slowly getting over the Volvo. Let's hope the Camry finds a place in your heart.

Sorry to hear. Maybe you got some pain and suffering out of it.
    Good choice on the Camry. The pedal thing is way overblown. Mostly because idiot drivers who don't know what to do when they are in a pannic situation, and go and whine about it. If by the minute chance that the pedal gets stuck or something, put it in neutral. Otherwise, it is a fantastic reliable car.

I was going through an intersection & look over to see a car w/ a handicapped tag running the light & tboning my Ford Explorer-twisted the undercarriage enough that it was totalled, insurance gave next to nothing for it. We replaced it w/ a Chevy Tahoe, but I still miss my Explorer. Turns out the guy was deaf, his hearing impaired passenger told me, "I told him not to run that light".

On the other hand, I'm currently riding with my 15 yr. old, who just got his permit.He thinks he's a great driver, but I keep reminding him you can be the greatest driver in the world, it's the other guys you need to watch out for...Good luck w/ the Camry...

Sorry to hear about these accidents, at least is sounds like nobody got hurt in a bad way. I may be looking at a new car also, but only because my 2002 Sebring with 26,000 miles on it is literally falling apart. I wanted to drive it 2 more years, but now I have to see. Selection is very limited for me: I am in Hawaii - so I need a convertible, I am a big guy - so I don't fit into the small ones, and I don't have any money - so it won't be the BMW M6 convertible...

Stefan

Glad to hear you walked away from it, which is the most important thing.

The Camry should fit right itto that car shaped hole your previous ride left - sensible and reliable cars that they are.

My government just caused prices for the C.O.E (certificate of entitlement, you need one to be 'entitled' to own a car. They last 10 years, then you got to buy another one) to rise to about US$50K.

That's 50grand for the cert that entitles you to buy a car... then you add the price of the car itself. I'm gonna be driving my Fiat for a few more years... can't change cos I can't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Sorry to hear about these accidents, at least is sounds like nobody got hurt in a bad way. I may be looking at a new car also, but only because my 2002 Sebring with 26,000 miles on it is literally falling apart. I wanted to drive it 2 more years, but now I have to see. Selection is very limited for me: I am in Hawaii - so I need a convertible, I am a big guy - so I don't fit into the small ones, and I don't have any money - so it won't be the BMW M6 convertible...

Stefan
    you need a jeep
    sept for MPG if i was out there thats what i would drive (if i ddint love my little dodge dakota so much )
    the new dak is std. cab short bed 4x4 with the 4.7l V8 and a 5 speed stick (its my kind of putbull puckup )

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    you need a jeep
    sept for MPG if i was out there thats what i would drive (if i ddint love my little dodge dakota so much )
    the new dak is std. cab short bed 4x4 with the 4.7l V8 and a 5 speed stick (its my kind of putbull puckup )
    my '07 Jeep TJ got 21 MPG (4.0L 6Cyl, manual)

but was that combined (not many long highways on the island i think
    i willsee what the truck gets this weekend (i think 22 highway ) i have been avg 17

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post

Stefan
    Stefan:

I am a big guy too, and if you want a relatively inexpensive and very comfortable used luxury car, I would recommend a 1998 or 1999 Mercedes E320 4dr sedan. They have a really good track record as a used car, no convertible but a great sunroof, AC pumps out excellent and about 25mpg. I picked one up with not even 80,000 miles on it for $6000. What value!