Quantcast
Greetings!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

New member with few knives and little experience looking to learn more. I am trying to gather info about all aspects of knife making from proper use and handling of a kitchen knife to the more technical aspects of sharpening. Looking forward to learning more!

I have an attachment that I would like to upload but the site rules won't permit it... I tried searching the FAQ and rules section but couldn't find how many posts are needed before this is granted. I am hoping its 10 and appologize for the spam I am about to do here in order to reach that number. I hope this limitation has been put in place to avoid commercial spam and unwanted traffic and that its not frowned upon.

Excuse me...

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Bump...

Thanks. Impressed by your knives Randy!

Ordered two CarboNext knives yesterday, one 150mm boning and one 210mm Gyuto. Look forward to receiving them! I picked the Extra Sharpness option as I heard they were not necessarily the sharpest OOTB. We'll see... Probably beats the heck out of my Victorinox anyway :-)

I also ordered an Edge Pro with Chosera stones and some other supplies from **************. I probably shouldn't mention that here as I have the impression that this is free-hand-japanese-waterstone-only but here goes :-) I'm an engineer and so I won't get as much training sharpening as a professional cook or real knife nut. I'm hoping the learning curve is less steep with the EP.

If not I have a DMT duo sharp 600/1200 and a KIA 3000 grit stone from earlier, I'll practice a bit more on those :-)

OK, 10 posts and still no attachments. I guess I'll use the search function in the meantime then...

welome!