Visiting Boston

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDj

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm in Boston this Friday and am looking for killer food either in Back Bay or easily travelled via T. $50-60ish/head x two people. Any suggestions? No dietary restrictions, but usually head towards sushi or "new American"/French-inspired.

How's Craigie?

Craigie's good. Often very packed. Check out Toro for offal oriented "tapas" in the south end. Sweet Cheeks for bbq near fenway park. Ten Tables is excellent in jamaica plain. Hungry mother is in cambridge and has great food.

Booze-wise: Bukowski's is in back bay right off boylston. TC's if you like your pubs small, dirty, and cheap. Brendan behan in JP has a great atmosphere and dogs are allowed.

Craigie's good. Often very packed. Check out Toro for offal oriented "tapas" in the south end. Sweet Cheeks for bbq near fenway park. Ten Tables is excellent in jamaica plain. Hungry mother is in cambridge and has great food.

Booze-wise: Bukowski's is in back bay right off boylston. TC's if you like your pubs small, dirty, and cheap. Brendan behan in JP has a great atmosphere and dogs are allowed.

Great suggestions, especially Cragie on Main but that may be more than $50-$60 a head. I haven't been in a while but I've heard good things lately about Hungry Mother. The Brendan Behan and Bukowski's are on my tops list for atmosphere and beer selection, also in Kenmore Square there's The Lower Depths and Deep Ellum in Allston.

If you want to stay in the Back Bay and try something different, check out Tico...Latin inspired small plates, $35 tasting menu, kitchen eating counter, and I'll be running the line tomorrow night. Say hi when you get here, if you do come in, and get some extra forum member hospitality.

Luis

I'm sold on Tico - place looks good! Thanks for the suggestions guys/gals!!

May be heading to Boston in Feb myself, still working out the schedule at the new job, but fingers crossed as looking at Tico's website is making me hungry :D

So, flights are booked, going to be in Boston from the 13th to the 17th of Feb with work. Any suggestions on things to see in the evenings or any other places to eat would be great.

I have only been to Boston one time. After several recommended places, I took a ferry to Hull MA and went to Jake's Seafood. It was reasonable, a nice ferry ride, BUT a PITA to get back. The food at Jake's was very good, casual, and reasonably priced. Just make sure to plan on how to get back.

k.

You cannot miss this bar called "Drink." (website) It is a cocktail bar through and through. No drink menu per se... You talk to the bartender and explain what types of spirits you like and then they make you a fantastic cocktail. One of the only places where you can get well made drinks like a sazerac or anything else relatively obscure.

Latest posts

Back