210 gyuto and nakiri prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
During the last prebuy I had one customer ask for a pair of 210 gyutos along with his 240. I made them and they were fun to do, so I want to make some more. I have also seen some discussion of a line knife and this is a knife that I think would fit into that category. They will be convex ground like my 240 gyutos. The price will be $360 with 50% up front similar to what I did last time. The height of these blades is 46mm.
At the suggestion of a forum member i have also decided to add 180mm nakiris to this prebuy. The nakiri will be almost fully flat ground, this will definately be a laser, an absolute veg knife, not necessarily a potato knife. The price for these will be $300 with a 50% deposit.
The materials for these will be similar to the last time as well, O-1 for the carbon steel versions, but I have had a difficult time tracking down more AEB-L. Instead I will be using an almost identical steel 13c26 which is made by another company(see attached chart)
I would also be perfectly happy to make these out of damascus; either carbon or stainless(which would be AEB-L, I still have alot of the thin stock left) for an increased price of course, PM me for details.
Please consult my handle gallery, or check out the stuff that Mark at burlsource has on offer for handle material selection.
I am planning to start these on feb 1, I still have a few orders to finish, but I thought I would get the ball rolling.
For questions, either post here or PM me.
Thanks,
Del

210wa.jpg

210 western.jpg

STEEL AEB-L 13C26
CARBON .67% .68%
CHROMIUM 13% 13%
MANGANESE .6% .7%
SILICON .4% .4%
PHOSPHORUS .02% .02%
SULFUR .01% .01%

Shipping will be $10 in the US and $20 international added to the final payment
Thanks,
Del

Cool Del! Great idea... Have to think about this...

Forgot to add the pic of the nakiri, heres one I made in damascus.
Del

I love the nakiri. Been waiting for this for a while. Thanks del.

Awesome! Thinking about maybe doing a his and hers for wedding gift for my business partners wedding... Hmmm.

Would it be possible to get a mokume pin like you did in your last prebuy?

Also, how tall are your nakiris?

-Sam

The nakiris are 52mm high.
The mokume pins are available as an additional option.
Thanks,
Del

Del, whats the cost of the mokume pins?

Do the non-damascus nakiri's get a taper line??

Guys,
I got an unexpected phone call today that changes things a bit for the prebuy. I am going to push my start date for these knives back 2 weeks to feb 15. I have a customer that I have been doing business with for 9 years that ordered a crapload of damascus steel. I hadn't heard from them in more than a year, and I didn't expect this, but this much work is a pleasant surprise. My car has been parked for almost 6 months, because I don't have the funds to fix it. Now I will be able to. :)
I hope that this will not cause any problems, please PM me if you have any concerns.
Thanks,
Del

Thought I would give you guys an update.
The damascus took a bit longer than I predicted, partially because I spent 2 weeks with my aunt flu
She didn't stop me just slowed me down. I have made some progress, I will be heat treating the carbon blades this week and the stainless ones the next week(I still hve to make a billet of stainless damascus for one knife)
Also included is a pic of the aftermath of friday nights storm. My camera ran out of juice after these 3 pics, will get more later.
Thanks,
Del

nakiri1.jpg

210g1.jpg

winter1.jpg

Those blades are looking pretty good so far!

Nice shot of the trees too! Here we just got cold, gray and a little bit of chilly rain--I would have rather had snow!

I totally forgot about this...now I am getting excited again!

So is that last one the paring knife for the recipe contest winner?

So is that last one the paring knife for the recipe contest winner?

No thats for another order that I am working on in concert with the others, it was supposed to be done first actually.

So here are more progress pics.

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

wip3.jpg

No thats for another order that I am working on in concert with the others, it was supposed to be done first actually.

So here are more progress pics.

Would that be me? I haven't seen my babies in months :(

More progress, should be finishing 3 of these tomorrow and the other 2 the following day(if everything goes as planned)
D

wip4.jpg

wip5.jpg

wip6.jpg

wip7.jpg

wip8.jpg

Del, do you use any mechanical means, like hidden pins, between the bolster and the rest of the handle? Thanks for the WIP. I love this kinda thing.

Back