Quantcast
close up of my butcher belt bandoleer courtesy of Bill the Butcher aka Chef Niloc - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: close up of my butcher belt bandoleer courtesy of Bill the Butcher aka Chef Niloc

I love it, its the business. I might make one for when I'm grinding blades.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    I feel like there should be a video of someone tossing you an onion, whipping the knife out, slicing it in half, twirling the knife and sliding it back into the holster.
    I may have actually done that

I love this whole subject and have always loved the idea of Colin walking through the kitchen wearing his belt while kicking ass on the line. Colin is course nuts and that adds to the whole image I have in my head. LOL

Oh BTW, one of the coolest things I've ever seen is a vintage lamb splitter in a hanging leather belt sheath that Ryan owns. I can't imagine wearing that myself but it's one of the coolest vintage knife set ups that I've ever seen.

Now that's way cool - absolutely love it!!! When I first started poking around these sites and found Colin's thread on his knife collection, I was just as smitten w/ his leather work on sheaths and belts as I was with his knives. Almost makes me want to work in a prefessional kitchen just so I could wear one. Almost. Actually I've been fascinated by leather work since I was a kid, but have never pursued looking into it.

I can see getting into leather work like getting into knives and sharpening. As Colin said earlier - great, another hobby... kinda like guns and shooting - another pursuit I've intentionally stayed away from. I need more hobbies that make $$$ not take it away!

Stuff like this is why health codes need to go somewhere.

I'd love to have one of these, our kitchen is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistington View Post
    Damn, i need to make myself a butcher belt that i can wear around the apartment... something that is so over the top for a home cook with a ~9m2 kitchen.

How thick leather did you use for the belt, sheats etc?
    The belt is 4 layers of 8 oz horse hide. The sheathes are between 6-9 layers

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Stuff like this is why health codes need to go somewhere.

I'd love to have one of these, our kitchen is huge.
    Health department can bust your balls for just about anything but I did design these with a few "health code" friendly features. They are fully sealed in a multi layered laminate, in the same way that richlite is made, can even be run threw the dishwasher. The bottoms are not sewn shut so moisture can drain. So I'm not saying there "OK", but they are.

i don't know of any health code that says you can't have a leather sheath for your knives. they just say that items need to be easily cleaned.

100% not nearly as awesome or beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes7792 View Post
    100% not nearly as awesome or beautiful!!!
    i agree with you, no love or character. Something about leather and hand craftsmanship.

+ Reply to Thread