• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lots More Things from my apartment sabatier, watanabe's , something from portugal.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Up for sale are a few knives that I have been carrying around for a good ten or fifteen years. I just don't use them and one I never have.
one is a 12 inch Lion Sabatier in stainless, it is a great knife the fit n finish are pretty good and you can get it razor sharp. The knife is surprisingly nimble for a knife this size. $130 new will sell for $100 i pay the shipping in CONUS

The second one is an IVO 12in stainless slicer made in Portugal in the style of Sabatier. It is new never used. Years ago I had a Portugese cook that I bought a set for and he absolutely loved these knives especially the slicer. He raved about them so much that I bought myself a slicer and never used it as I had some vintage Sabatiers I was in love with at the time. $75.00 shipped

I have used this knife as my breaker for years. It has no name or makers mark. It is definitely American made, vintage 1960's 12 inch carbon steel blade, looks like rosewood handles, If you put the time in on the stones this thing will shave your ass. $40 shipped

large 001.jpg

large 002.jpg

large 003.jpg

large 004.jpg

large 005.jpg

large 006.jpg

large 007.jpg

large 008.jpg

large 009.jpg

large 010.jpg

large 011.jpg

large 012.jpg

large 013.jpg

large 014.jpg

large 015.jpg

large 016.jpg

Next up a nice set of Watanabe's These are his standard series. this particular set I bought about ten years ago, these are not the set I misplaced:sad0:. On his website he no longer offers this particular set. If you were to break it down it would run about $400. These are brand new never used and still have the lacquer on them. I am asking $300 with conus shipping. or trade me something cool.:D

watanabe1.jpg

watanabe2.jpg

watanabe3.jpg

watanabe4.jpg

watanabe5.jpg

watanabe6.jpg

watanabe7.jpg

watanabe8.jpg

watanabe9.jpg

watanabe10.jpg

watanabe11.jpg

watanabe12.jpg

watanabe13.jpg

watanabe14.jpg

watanabe15.jpg

watanabe16.jpg

watanabe17.jpg

Hmm. Was gonna buy it, till I started wondering how you know something so specific... :rofl2:

It was just one of those really slow crazy nights,:OYou know those nights when you see what will blow up when you throw it into the fryer nights or if your knife is sharp enough to shave your ass kinda nights.:laughat:

Just for anyone looking, I have a Watanabe base nakiri and I love it...was my first carbon knife. The ferrule came loose and slides forward and the handle ain't that great, but the steel takes a wicked edge and reminds me of white#2.

Your nakiri looks nicer and is finished differently than the one I picked up in '09...I'm sure costs have been cut in the last decade, so yours is probably of better quality.

The ferrule came loose and slides forward and the handle ain't that great, but the steel takes a wicked edge and reminds me of white#2.

encountered that problem b4. put some oil on the ho wood beneath the ferule , I suppose the wood expanded and has been in that position for quite a while..

good luck..

rgds
d

Just for anyone looking, I have a Watanabe base nakiri and I love it...was my first carbon knife. The ferrule came loose and slides forward and the handle ain't that great, but the steel takes a wicked edge and reminds me of white#2.

Your nakiri looks nicer and is finished differently than the one I picked up in '09...I'm sure costs have been cut in the last decade, so yours is probably of better quality.
Yeah, I think his early work is much better quality in regards to steel , he has made a few changes over the years do to rising costs. that nakiri is paper thin and laser sharp even after ten years in a box.

oh don't worry I gots lots more! How is that knife working out for you? did we ever figured out what it was?

Still working out the warp, it's not that bad now and I worry about to much pressure. I have not seen anything on it to point to a maker short of the handle being different, the metal collar around the tang is something i have not seen before.

Price drop on the 12 in Lion Sabatier stainless chef. $90 plus conus shipping. come on guys got some medical bills to pay.lol

Back