• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miyabi Birchwood 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
IMG_0306.JPG

More pictures and information HERE.

I have owned this for awhile and I hardly use it. Practically new. So let's see if anyone else will put it to use. SG2 steel, 62HRC, much, much nicer than Shun's SG2. Takes a nice edge, isn't too wire edge prone, I didn't find it chippy at all. Will be sharpened before it goes out. Comes with box and a Miyabi saya. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

From Sur La Table it is $360 with saya, I am asking $230 and that includes conus shipping and paypal fees. Thanks.

My business partner JUST bought this exact knife from SLT Friday morning!!!! If only I'd have checked here first!!!!! Darn it!!!

It's a great knife. Played with it in store. Have a lot of things going on otherwise I'd snag it.

I was very impressed with the textured damascus cladding; much more aesthetic, plus more scratch resistant than the lesser Miyabis. Very nice steel, very hard and achieves a very fine edge.

My business partner JUST bought this exact knife from SLT Friday morning!!!! If only I'd have checked here first!!!!! Darn it!!!

Tell him to return it. They will take anything back.

I was very impressed with the textured damascus cladding; much more aesthetic, plus more scratch resistant than the lesser Miyabis. Very nice steel, very hard and achieves a very fine edge.

The nickel damascus is very tough, of all the knife I have I think this one has the most durable finish of any of them.

What isn't durable, which I forgot to mention in the first post, is the the Miyabi logo. It is paint and some of it is coming off. But that is going to happen anyway with any sort of normal use.

I have the paring knife and I love it -- though I am not sure I would use the gyuto as much. Too much competition ;) This is also the one knife that my in-laws and family use and appreciate.

k.

I have the paring knife and I love it -- though I am not sure I would use the gyuto as much. Too much competition ;) This is also the one knife that my in-laws and family use and appreciate.

k.

This is the same reason why mine doesn't see much work. There are just too many great gyutos ahead of it in the lineup. Maybe your in-laws and family need a gyuto they can use and appreciate.

Back