Quantcast
Some stainless success! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some stainless success!

Looks like foamy waves on an angry sea. High coolness factor!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

KNICE! Will your really rockin it lately!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Hi Will,

Noticed that the pictures are more pleasing, maybe because of the contrast... Is the the cameraman or a new camera..?

Excellent results for a "virgin" attempt for stainless damascus .

rgds

D

Aw, thanks Guys, few issues to iron out but stainless should be on the menu soon, mmm tasty stainless
    Don't know about the camera thing, just my usual. There is a load more Nickel in 304L than the 15n20 in my carbon damascus so it does really shine when it catches the light. Hard to capture with a camera with the polished look. Comes over less contrasty through the lens in natural light.

Hey Will

On a dateless Valentine's day, I spent some time examining at your Damascus Works over 2 monitors for comparisons and detailed examination

Tragically, the 1st picture is attracting me to the possible patina on the rustable areas. It does look mean and viscous ! sort of the no nonsense look. The last pic, I see the yellowish/ brown patina. It would really be interesting to see how the patina develops. I noticed that on the hiromoto stainless clad, the patina is always greyish ( light or dark gray) this is on 2 knives owned by people who are not aware abt patina.. just lazy to give it a thorough clean-up... Point i am making is that could be the steel used that it forms a greyish patina by default...

So any more pics on how the patina of your : bloodied" cutting chores wld be appreciated...

thanks adn rgds

D

At the moment it is a deep blue on the core. I cut some steak with it. I like the blue and it stops it turning brown with onions. Makes it nice and stable. I'll get a pic tomorrow and you can decide if you want it with blue patina or shiny. It is blue paper steel as well, so a blue core seems quite apt.

+ Reply to Thread