• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter 7.6 Sun High Grade

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I am selling my Carter 7.6 sun (9") Funyaki. The core is white steel and laminated with stainless. I have re-handled the knife with a western handle out of box elder burl and copper resin.

The condition of the knife is good (better than when I recieved it from Carter) It has been tipped, about 2mm broke off, which has been fixed.

There is an overgrind at the tip and a small 2mm overgrind about 2 inched from the heel. Truth be told, I have not noticed a difference in performance as a result. I just recently went through and tried to polish out all of the scratch marks left from Carter, but could not get them all, regardless, it has been through a grit progression on the face of the blade up to 4k. The choil and spine have both been rounded and it is a heck of a comfortable knife.

I believe I purchased the knife for $450.00 ish, selling for $420.00.
PP fees and shipping paid to CONUS.

Please pm me with any questions.

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

You can see the manf scratches on this pic, most of these are gone now.

IMG_1243.jpg

I will guarantee satisfaction on this, if you don't like it upon receiving it I will refund all the money paid.

Will the lucky winner please tell me who you are so I can be insanely jealous of you?

Damn!!! I always miss the best stuff. That's what I get for spending time with the family.

Seriously, Matt, you gotta stop giving your stuff away! It's insane! :scared4:

I know, a "used knife". But seriously, it's not like you broke the tip off and dented the spine. You rehandled it like a pro, refinished the blade, pointed out it's one flaw, and sharpened it. HOW IS THAT WORTH LESS?

I wonder how some of the quick sales has affected the rate that people check this site. Some getting obsessive about checking every 2-3 minutes I wonder?

I wonder how some of the quick sales has affected the rate that people check this site. Some getting obsessive about checking every 2-3 minutes I wonder?

Never. :whistling:

I think its crazy how quick some knives go and how others just sit for a while.

I wish I could buy them all :)

Sometimes, I'm afraid to check...

Other than the obvious, really expensive ones, I am too new to have a wish list or to know what the really good deals are. I would have to spend a lot of time researching and comparison shopping, and by that time the fast sales would be long gone.

At least I try to be smart. Some of these I would like to pick up with no more thought that a pack of gum at the register. Although instead of $.90-1.30 it would be $200-300 or higher.

If you can afford it, why not? It's not like if it doesn't suite you someone else here won't take it off your hands. How long did it take for this to sell? Point proven :)

I am hopeful the person who bought the knife will find value in it.

I know that I check the B/S/T section every time I am on the site, I know what I am looking for and when it comes up I hope I can get to it before anyone else. But if there is a knife I really want, sometimes I just pester the person until they sell it to me, :D otherwise I have a hard time competing with some of the quick draws around here.

Latest posts

Back