Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: damascus blanks?

damascus blanks?

Does anyone know where you can get some reasonably priced Damascus knife blanks for kitchen style knives? Im not looking for any specific cut just kitchen cutlery in general. Everything i find seems to be pocket knife blanks.

Randy, of this Parish, (HHH) sells larger blanks for kitchen knives. Very good prices too imho . Devin of course also sells a range of fabulous damascus in a range of materials. I think Delbert Ealy sells billets too. Welcome to the forum btw

Devin Thomas damascus is probably the cleanest you will find anywhere, both in carbon and stainless.
    http://www.devinthomas.com/

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Wait, are you looking for thin barstock or precut knife blanks?

pre-cut knife blanks. So the only thing Ill be needing to do is fabricate a handle and put on the final edge. I can etch it at well. Fabricating something out of a billet is far out of my realm.

Engorged Member
    Del Ealy has told me he's put together a blank for a customer in the past.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by cazten View Post
    pre-cut knife blanks. So the only thing Ill be needing to do is fabricate a handle and put on the final edge. I can etch it at well. Fabricating something out of a billet is far out of my realm.
    If you want the knife to perform well you will also need to grind in a taper and grind the blade face. I'm sure you could work something out with a maker here for them to do this work and leave the handle off.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    If you want the knife to perform well you will also need to grind in a taper and grind the blade face. I'm sure you could work something out with a maker here for them to do this work and leave the handle off.
    Yeah. You really can't call a knife-shaped bar with an edge a kitchen knife. What you're looking for is an unsharpened blade sans handle.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Yeah. You really can't call a knife-shaped bar with an edge a kitchen knife. What you're looking for is an unsharpened blade sans handle.
    Correct, thats why I said I only wanted to apply a final edge and handle. I guess thats not a "blank" then

Im actually talking with HHH right now about a kiritsuke Gyuto- in carbon steel, his damascus was to much for me.

Ah. What kind of steel are you looking at?