Media The whole kit!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
OK here's just about everything I keep in my work bag. Check it out!

[video=youtube;KEuKGYLVejQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEuKGYLVejQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'd also like to say thank you to everyone here who helped me acquire these tools. Be it through advice, sales, your hard work, or even through simple conversation on the boards. I wouldn't have all this cool stuff if it wasn't for y'all, so thanks!

Pretty cool video and it's nice to see there is such variation in your collection and a few of the knives have a story attached to them. One question though. Do you take all these knives to work every day? Don't you worry someone would steal your bag or something? I only take about half mine to work at any one time in case someone nicks my car or something. Maybe I'm being paranoid?

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. You carry all of that to and from work each day?

Edit: Steven beat me to the punch. I can't imagine cleaning and packing all of that up each day after a long shift.

Everything here fits in my kit which I do take to work daily. Depending on the days tasks I only take out the stuff I need. I'm the exec Sous Chef at my job so everyone pretty much knows not to steal my knives. That would be a disaster. lol

Nice! Your kit looks like lots of fun. Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't feel differently about working in food if I was surrounded by better tools and products.

Very cool video thanks! what kind of bag do you use? BTW I couldn't catch what kind of tongs those were.

I have the ultimate edge deluxe 18 pocket knife kit. Those are Rosele locking tongs. Not sure if i spelled that right..

Thanks for sharing Rick, kick ass kit. I will have to do one too now that you have inspired me.

Tongs http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PK55QE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Those are my favorite tongs I have the same pair and the same knife bag too. It's so good I almost wanna buy the new version just to check out the improvements because the version Rick and I have probably won't ever break down.

Kind Regards

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
very interesting rolling mat =)

never seen that devices before

It's just a place mat but i really like it, it makes tight rolls and just feels right.

wow your kit makes my 8 slot knife carrier look puny. Great vid. very inspiring. Yes working in food preparation is so much better when you have some sweet tools to use.

Theory your video gave me the idea to post my pics of my kit. Mine is def not up to yours, since your kit is insane.

Theory your video gave me the idea to post my pics of my kit. Mine is def not up to yours, since your kit is insane.

That's cool man, it didn't look like that four years ago. :D There's actually been 4 additions since this was filmed as well. lol

Nothing major. 2 petties a pairer and another hankotsu.

Nothing major. 2 petties a pairer and another hankotsu.

I show people at work your video so they know where I want to go with my kit, but mine will be Miyabi, Fujiwara, and so on I can't get up there with the big dogs yet.

What did you get? I'm looking to get one but completely undecided

WOW. Thanks for the video, nice kit, very inspirational. I carry most of my tools with me in my janky Messermeister roll, it does the job, but I am not complete yet, and once again - I just don't like my roll. It's cool to know that other people carry all of their tools with them as well, I get made fun of for that at work by guys that show up with one knife :)

WOW. Thanks for the video, nice kit, very inspirational. I carry most of my tools with me in my janky Messermeister roll, it does the job, but I am not complete yet, and once again - I just don't like my roll. It's cool to know that other people carry all of their tools with them as well, I get made fun of for that at work by guys that show up with one knife :)

I carry all of my stuff also. I like knowing I have it and there is no waiting for a silpat or a plating spoon when needed. I say if you want a bag to carry everything the ultimate edge bag he uses or a kubi kit would work.

Also check out mercer bags the knife pack plus, the briefcase thing they have, the tipple zipper bag i carry, and messenger bag. The have a bunch of storage options.

Back