jm2hill's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm2hill

Banned
Reaction score
Here are the knives that I currently use at home! Sorry for the crappy pics! Best I can do currently!

Tojiro's:

photo.jpg

Harner's:

photo-1.jpg

Single-Bevel's:

photo-2.jpg

Carter, Prestige, CCK, Scraper:

photo.jpg

Ealy: (Which Will soon include a sweet nakiri!)

photo (2).jpg

Big Stuff together:
photo (1).jpg

Missing/on order include: Martell 240, Pierre 210 Pettysuki, Del Nakiri, Shig Nakiri (I think thats all, lol)

Very nice set up, and a heck of a future line up.

At home? You use all those at HOME? Hahaha, I don't think I would use all those in a commercial kitchen! Awesome line-up my friend. It makes me laugh when I see the amazing lin-ups you guys have and I go to work and have to coach a PROFESSIONAL cook that he needs to get ONE good knife and he tells me he doesn't have the money, or time to learn to sharpen, or this or that. I always call BS and encourage them to not think like that. Can't wait to see the customs :D

Nice kit, mind giving us the rundown on your single bevels?

Nice set up :doublethumbsup:

Thanks for the usuba!

Nice kit, mind giving us the rundown on your single bevels?

From left to right:

Artisugu hon-kasumi usuba 180
Sakai Ichimonji-Kichikuni yanagiba 270
Gessin Ino SB Wa-Petty 180
Masahiro thick-yanagi 180

Love the gessin and the artisugu!
I use the ino to section chicken breasts every sunday and use the artisugu for a weeks worth of veggie prep every sunday. Those are my prepare for lunch during the week knives.

I think the usage for me goes:

Sunday (Lunch prep for the week, as I pretty much strictly only eat salad and chicken): Ino, Artisugu
Harner Laser everyday for snacks: strawberries, bananas, clementines (I want another one butch, no joke, group buy please!) (I can't recommend this knife enough)
Dinner: depends on the meal:
1) If I'm having veggies and chicken I usually use the CCK as I love the way it does both
2) Veggies and beef I usually use: tojiro nakiri and Del
3) Potatoes: Del or CCK both do a pretty good job (so long as you keep the CCK moist)
4) Pasta: Carter does a great job going through all the veggies and meat that I use

Beaters:

Tojiro Shirogami
Prestige butcher knife

I think the CCK will now however be replaced by that 270 Harner (I need something to do with that beauty) and the cck will be relegated to scaring friends)
The tojiro will be replaced by the shig (the tojiro will be relegated to beater status)
Pettysuki will replace the Del in beef work (the Del will be put to potato, squash, melon knife - which means it will be used almost everyday still, I love melons! :))

Now someone ******* tell me how I'm going to fit another Nakiri, and 240 gyuto in the mix and I'll be set!

Easy one on each side of the Ealy, which you already stated the Nakiri is coming, so seems you have it figured out already, what do you need us for? To tell you you're not crazy?

You're not crazy, none of us are. It's everyone else who is delusional not understanding the importance of a proper knife collection. I deal with these people in a pro setting every day, but I am a problem solver and slowly but surely am making quite the progress in fixing that. Just keep up your part and we're all good. Simple

-Bryan

I do concur that every one who doesn't understand my obsession is crazy!

But I have no clue, what to do with that Ealy Nakiri yet!

I don't have a knife it can replace because I like everything else too!

And Dave's gyuto, not sure where thats fitting in either!

You need to be able to rotate the stock, as it were. If you are slicing away and catch the edge wrong, you need to have something to grab so that you don't have to stop and strop. So you see that you need at least two of each!

I used othink I was obsessed with a knife fetish; you lot make me feel a lot better! Nice collection; I love cleavers and only have 3!

Just opened up the shigi today.

here's a quick pick. Love the feel through tomatoes!

photo.jpg

Awesome collection. I want that Shig nakiri

Don't think I'll be getting rid of that anytime soon!

Its been thinned by curtis and given a great edge and absolutely love the way it demolishes vegies!

Just a few other knives that are mine. While the Hiro was a gift to a friend I'll pretend its mine cause she's a good looking knife!View attachment 5147
View attachment 5148

More pics can be found in Dave's threads!

Just got them yesterday :)

Haven't opened the box yet! :(

Sorry Dave too much work to do! Saturday fun tho!

Beautiful collection with a nice variety of steels, makers, and models.

:pirate1:

Latest posts

Back