I think Im done.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
As most of you know I have been working at a mine in the mountains near the Montana border and I think that I am finally done for the season. So all of you that are waiting on knive have hope that I will have some time in the knife shop finally. If you have been waiting on a knife for a while send me a pm or email to jog my memory and I will do my best to get your knife to you. Had everyone on a list in my laptop but caught a virus that ate a bunch of my info and lost some more getting rid of the virus so my list is most likely not complete. even if I still have you it won't hurt to confirm.

Congrats on finishing up.

But seriously, you were working in a MINE? Like hitting rocks with a hammer?

Bill I am glad>>> next time title it "I think I'm done MINING" ... whew! You can't quit until I can afford to get a Colin Suji worthy knife from you my friend!

My "official" title is Saftey officer, Maintanance and contruction supervisor and puchasing agent. But I really do whatever needs done at the moment. About the only thing that I don't or haven't done is run a Jackleg drill.

My "official" title is Saftey officer, Maintanance and contruction supervisor and puchasing agent. But I really do whatever needs done at the moment. About the only thing that I don't or haven't done is run a Jackleg drill.

Gold mine?

If it is a gold mine, I have one word. "Pockets".

you turn 52100 into pure gold, there might be no end what you turn silver into :)

If it is a gold mine, I have one word. "Pockets".

My dad did a lot of computer programming and engineering in mines when he was younger.

Pockets was a huge issue and it led to some pretty scary and funny stories!

Bill if you like your fingers keep those pockets empty :)

My dad did a lot of computer programming and engineering in mines when he was younger.

Pockets was a huge issue and it led to some pretty scary and funny stories!

Bill if you like your fingers keep those pockets empty :)

I had a friend that worked in a lab and pockets were such a big issue that they made him work in nothing but a set of shorts, and he had to get a full body search before he could leave!

Of course, "pockets" was just a quip, posted primarily for my own amusement late at night, glass of brandy in hand. Nevertheless, there was kind of a point.

I used to play poker with the owner of a car rental firm in Sand Diego. One evening, the conversation turned to a story that had been printed in that day's paper. Seems that a bag containing $1,000,000 had been found in the trunk of a rental car abandoned in the airport parking lot, and the person who found it turned it in.

I asked my friend what he would have done if one of his employees had brought him that bag. He immediately replied, "Why, I'd have turned it over to the police." The he said, "Of course, I already have a million dollars . . ".

Back