Quantcast
Hello From Nashville
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Nashville

Hello From Nashville

Hi, new guy here. I've been lurking/learning here and the other boards like crazy for the past year or so. First of all I wanted to thank everyone for helping me along this path of Japanese knives and stones. It's been amazing to have almost all of my questions already answered without even needing to post. Thanks!

I've been cooking professionally for about 8 years now and like many people my intro to J knives was a Shun. After using one for a couple of years I just started thinking that there HAD to be something better out there. I used Google, found the KF forum and the rest is history. I started out sharpening on an EP with Choseras and became pretty proficient with that set up. However, there's always been this nagging voice in my head telling me to learn to freehand so I bought a couple of stones and am learning them now. This is such a great community and I'm happy that it exists. I'm glad to be here and looking forward to contributing and learning more.

Cheers!
    Trey

Welcome Trey! What kind of place do you work at?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Thanks! I work at a sushi/robatayaki place. Were a pretty big restaurant at about 350 seats. I've been at this place for a little more than a year and never previously thought I would, but have absolutely fallen in love with Asian food. All of this just furthered my Japanese knife obsession by the way.

welcome!

Hello and welcome..!

Lars

Welcome to the Knut house! Guard your wallet!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Welcome to KKF!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Welcome. Which place do you work at? I'm in Brentwood and I love Sushi!

Welcome Trey. The most romantic dinner of my life was at Germantown Cafe.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson