Hello From Nashville

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ontravelling

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here. I've been lurking/learning here and the other boards like crazy for the past year or so. First of all I wanted to thank everyone for helping me along this path of Japanese knives and stones. It's been amazing to have almost all of my questions already answered without even needing to post. Thanks!

I've been cooking professionally for about 8 years now and like many people my intro to J knives was a Shun. After using one for a couple of years I just started thinking that there HAD to be something better out there. I used Google, found the KF forum and the rest is history. I started out sharpening on an EP with Choseras and became pretty proficient with that set up. However, there's always been this nagging voice in my head telling me to learn to freehand so I bought a couple of stones and am learning them now. This is such a great community and I'm happy that it exists. I'm glad to be here and looking forward to contributing and learning more.

Cheers!
Trey

Thanks! I work at a sushi/robatayaki place. Were a pretty big restaurant at about 350 seats. I've been at this place for a little more than a year and never previously thought I would, but have absolutely fallen in love with Asian food. All of this just furthered my Japanese knife obsession by the way.:D

Welcome to the Knut house! Guard your wallet!

Welcome. Which place do you work at? I'm in Brentwood and I love Sushi!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. ejd53, very cool someone from around here is on the board! I'm at Virago. We used to be on Division but are at a new location just off of Broadway. You should come check us out. We actually just got in a beautiful yellowfin today.
Sfoe2.jpg
mr drinky, that's awesome, their brunch is one of my favorites, I need to go for dinner sometime. Small world, too cool.

I have been there several times when you were at Division (and quite a bit smaller). Have not been to the Gulch location yet, although I was just at Kayne Prime for my daughters birthday a couple of weeks ago. I will definitely be checking in. Also a big +1 on the Germantown Cafe.

Back