Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Welcome.
    Many many years ago as a child my parents moved us to Fresno thinking it would be a tax break compared to Newport Beach. We moved back to Newport soon after. Popsicles melted instantly in the summer, dust devils like tornados, clydesdale horses that Budweiser had with a stagecoach. My favorite front page newspaper story back then was hookers raise prices truckers mad. At least the basque lamb restaurant near there is good.
    Ha! Looks like not much changes around these parts. I was transplanted here as a kid from the midwest myself. Never got used to it here. Forced me to take up introverted hobbies like boxing and car building to keep out of trouble. Story continues I guess, here I am reading about knives I can't afford yet. Another interest my friends don't understand. lol

Thanks for the welcome folks! You guys are awesome!
    Am I the only one who searched for The Edge from U2 and ended up here?

Well you're in good company here. Welcome Gary!

BTW, what are the hookers charging these days?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Discount if there is air conditioning...

What part of Fresberg are you in?

I'm north of the university. Just north of the hood, but still close enough to be lulled to sleep by the soothing sound of the police helicopter.

LOL ya buzzes us regularly as well, Fig Garden area here. Not yet the bad area, but you can see it from here.

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by Still-edo View Post
    Ha! Looks like not much changes around these parts. I was transplanted here as a kid from the midwest myself. Never got used to it here. Forced me to take up introverted hobbies like boxing and car building to keep out of trouble. Story continues I guess, here I am reading about knives I can't afford yet. Another interest my friends don't understand. lol

Thanks for the welcome folks! You guys are awesome!
    Yes it is nice to have a place where people understand our love of Kitchen knives! I am starting off running tojiro, hattori, misono, and boardsmith board all in the first month : )

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Yes it is nice to have a place where people understand our love of Kitchen knives! I am starting off running tojiro, hattori, misono, and boardsmith board all in the first month : )
    Wow! Thats awesome! Wish I could do the same. Browsed the Boardsmith thread the other day and the one about his knife blocks. Pure amazing! I bet he gets all the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-edo View Post
    Wow! Thats awesome! Wish I could do the same. Browsed the Boardsmith thread the other day and the one about his knife blocks. Pure amazing! I bet he gets all the ladies.
    Yes, the boardsmith boards are amazing. I think after much research he has the best quality. Don't want to spend a ton of money on high end Japanese knives a wreck them on bad boards that aren't end grain or have bad or too much glue. As far as the ladies I think he is happily married.