Hi Fresno, California

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still-edo

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm Gary. I don't have any knives worth mentioning. But very interested in learning from you knife aficionados. Hopefully one day I can afford a couple nice knives. Until then I shall drool on your pics.

Oh I do have a cheap Kai Wasabi Yanagiba. I recently got the bevel reworked and now she's really sharp. Thats the training wheels for right now.

Cheers!

Yep for the time being I'm back to being a Frestard. I lived in Southern California for a couple years and felt that the sun, sand and bikini clad women was getting me a bit soft. So I'm back for a bit before I can figure out how I can escape this place alive again.

Welcome.
Many many years ago as a child my parents moved us to Fresno thinking it would be a tax break compared to Newport Beach. We moved back to Newport soon after. Popsicles melted instantly in the summer, dust devils like tornados, clydesdale horses that Budweiser had with a stagecoach. My favorite front page newspaper story back then was hookers raise prices truckers mad. At least the basque lamb restaurant near there is good.

Welcome.
Many many years ago as a child my parents moved us to Fresno thinking it would be a tax break compared to Newport Beach. We moved back to Newport soon after. Popsicles melted instantly in the summer, dust devils like tornados, clydesdale horses that Budweiser had with a stagecoach. My favorite front page newspaper story back then was hookers raise prices truckers mad. At least the basque lamb restaurant near there is good.

Ha! Looks like not much changes around these parts. I was transplanted here as a kid from the midwest myself. Never got used to it here. Forced me to take up introverted hobbies like boxing and car building to keep out of trouble. Story continues I guess, here I am reading about knives I can't afford yet. Another interest my friends don't understand. lol

Thanks for the welcome folks! You guys are awesome!

I'm north of the university. Just north of the hood, but still close enough to be lulled to sleep by the soothing sound of the police helicopter.

LOL ya buzzes us regularly as well, Fig Garden area here. Not yet the bad area, but you can see it from here.

Ha! Looks like not much changes around these parts. I was transplanted here as a kid from the midwest myself. Never got used to it here. Forced me to take up introverted hobbies like boxing and car building to keep out of trouble. Story continues I guess, here I am reading about knives I can't afford yet. Another interest my friends don't understand. lol

Thanks for the welcome folks! You guys are awesome!

Yes it is nice to have a place where people understand our love of Kitchen knives! I am starting off running tojiro, hattori, misono, and boardsmith board all in the first month : )

Yes it is nice to have a place where people understand our love of Kitchen knives! I am starting off running tojiro, hattori, misono, and boardsmith board all in the first month : )

Wow! Thats awesome! Wish I could do the same. Browsed the Boardsmith thread the other day and the one about his knife blocks. Pure amazing! I bet he gets all the ladies.

Wow! Thats awesome! Wish I could do the same. Browsed the Boardsmith thread the other day and the one about his knife blocks. Pure amazing! I bet he gets all the ladies.

Yes, the boardsmith boards are amazing. I think after much research he has the best quality. Don't want to spend a ton of money on high end Japanese knives a wreck them on bad boards that aren't end grain or have bad or too much glue. As far as the ladies I think he is happily married.

I love my board and would get another if I wanted to get shot by my wife... Spent alot of $$ lately on my leezards :p so I must behave for a bit :p

Back