Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miyabi 5000s' for sale

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    will, sell the whole set for $240.00 and the 12 in sabatier for $90. need to pay for my refurbished heart.
    I will break up the set

I'll take the 9.5 gyuto off you hands if it's still available.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I have been waiting patiently for my income tax check to get here so I can buy one of these. The price is right for me to do some comparison of the styles.

sounds good let me know, what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    No , i just remember how it is not to be able to have nice things. I can't buy them a custom or something really special, hell I can't really afford to by them the knives I do. Most of my guys came here with nothing and they work their asses off to take care of their kids or families back home. When I show up to work with a new knife I can see the I wish in their eyes. Along time ago I started giving high quality vintage knives to my cooks, most got it and some didn't.The one's who got it were the ones who were always asking to use my knives because they out performed anything they ever used and they took great care of them. The ones who didn't would say "chef why do you give me a rusty old knife, you have lots of money give me something new." those guys didn't last much longer after that.
    Now a day's those vintage knives are getting harder to find, so I literally search the world for deals. I have sources in places you have never heard of. If my chef friends go on vacation I make them search for stuff for me. You never know when it may come in handy. I literally have 7 full kits and 3- 20 gallon rubbermaid containers completely full of just vintage chef knives alone in storage at my dad's house in Cali. I often times give the kits to aspiring culinary students who just can't afford knives and would never consider anything other than a beat up victronox or dexter because that's what they have to work with at the job they end up.
    Am I a good person/ boss? Not really, just making up for what I should of done back in the earlier days of my career.

Thank you for the compliment,
    son
    This is very inspiring. I recently bought one of the new young cooks a starter set of Misono's(8 inch chef, 6 inch petty, 3.5 paring). And the look in their eyes when they opened the boxes was more than worth the $150 I'd spent.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    This is very inspiring. I recently bought one of the new young cooks a starter set of Misono's(8 inch chef, 6 inch petty, 3.5 paring). And the look in their eyes when they opened the boxes was more than worth the $150 I'd spent.
    Nice. Makes me believe in humanity.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Ok what is left with this set? My tax check should be here some time this week. (crosses fingers. hopes irs gets its head our of....) I am still interested.

the whole set is available
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Got the knives yesterday. Going to sharpen them up and gift them out tomorrow. They should make great knives for the guys to learn on. Thanks so much I know they're excited as hell about it.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    Got the knives yesterday. Going to sharpen them up and gift them out tomorrow. They should make great knives for the guys to learn on. Thanks so much I know they're excited as hell about it.
    I'm glad you got them, they will make good starter knives. my guys love them.
    son
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.