Quantcast
K tip Gyuto blade blank..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K tip Gyuto blade blank..

K tip Gyuto blade blank..

Heres one Im getting ready to send to a new member here on the forum! Its a 1095 High Carbon Gyuto with a K tip blade blank. 240mm

This one will be finished out by him and will be a B Day gift his Dad.. I included some Killer curly maple scales that are professionally stabilized as a gift for his Dad from us, for this project!

Cazten, Have fun and please post pics here when you get it done, and if you have any questions or need some pointers, just ask.

I just want to put out the offer to other members of KKF.. If anyone is wanting to build there own knife, using a custom blade, damascus or high carbon or stainless steel. And would like a blade blank. Feel free to contact me. Id be happy to work with the members here doing this.

Thanks and God Bless
    Randy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K tip Gyuto and set of stabilized maple scales 017.JPG 
Views:	1126 
Size:	483.1 KB 
ID:	3833  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

What fun! The scales look really sweet.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Randy,

That is very cool of you. Those curly maple scales will look fantastic.

This one started out as a Gyuto. but with a little modification I topped it and adjusted the tip and BLAM, Its a K tip Gyuto. I Know his Dad is gona love this knife! And that makes me smile!!

The Maple is some Beautiful stuff. The curl and figure is deep and its 3-D effects are off the charts! I have a few more pieces of it, I got the maple in a trade a couple years ago. and almost forgot I had the stuff. It was buried deep under a bunch of dust and burl in the corner of my shop.. I found em the other day when I was looking for something else!! . lol

Its a KNIFE LIFE!
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Can't wait to get started on this project!

Now for the fun part, going over to my dads and kicking him out of his own garage so I can use all his tools without him seeing lol My apartment does't have room for the bandsaw.

This knife is going to look amazing, those scales are off the charts.

What a fantastic gift and project. Nice one Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cazten View Post
    Can't wait to get started on this project!

Now for the fun part, going over to my dads and kicking him out of his own garage so I can use all his tools without him seeing lol My apartment does't have room for the bandsaw.

This knife is going to look amazing, those scales are off the charts.

Ya know what, It would be a cool project and a even better "gift" if you make it together.. Just dont tell him its a gift for him.. and ask him for his help. you know how us Dads are, we live for stuff like that.. And then, when its done and meets his approval.. Thats when you give it to him and tell him Happy Birthday old man!!

Have fun and please post up some pictures when its done!!

Availible Knives

Great now you guys are going to offer blanks too... man I see myself putting a knife together sooner and sooner each day even though consciously I can't even think when I'll have time to learn properly, let alone do it. Which means I'll probably end up visiting one of you guys for a lesson at which time I'll have to buy another knife and it will lead to further knife addiction which will lead to meeting more friends with this addiction which will just lead to flying around and hanging out with more of you guys ... wait where did this get to be a bad thing? Oh it didn't.

Awesome Randy! See you're making great progress here^^^^

Kind Regards

Bryan

Brian, Sounds like you have a plan! Your welcome to make the first stop on the Knife makers shop "WORLD" tour my place!! If you have not gotten the knife making fever by then, I bet you will by the time you leave! lol

I am happy to offer the service for you guys.

Becoming a member on this forum has changed things for us here at HHH. The friendly community of Knife Knuts, and generally great group of guys.. Have been pivotal in my process of learning and developing a kitchen tool thats worthy of being calling a Kitchen Knife! And Im still learning and refining the process because of the members and posts on this board! I really cant put it into words how much I have learned and grown as a knife maker because of this forum.. so Thank you KKF!

Respectfully
    Randy

Availible Knives

I'm gonna have to take you up on the blanks!!! That one looks really well done!