Japanese Knives Gengetsu Sneak Peak

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
406399_10150502421233860_369479678859_8844234_296646943_n.jpg

'nuff said :p

WTH???!!!

I didn't see this when I went there last week!!!

How is that "Enough Said" - that is just a tease - We want a loud statement - SHOW US MORE!!!!:viking:

Sorry,:fanning:sometimes

Is this what I think it is?? If so, I am very excited. That is a pretty terrible tease though...

-Chuck

more info coming soon... just had the rest of the shipment arrive today... have to check on a few things and then we can make our official announcement

haha... you dont even know what it is yet ;)

I'll bug you about it when i'm ready to officially announce it. Anyways, tomorrow is our day off :p

Jon,

You said you got them in today. And when you say "day off" is it like when I say I have a day off and still go into work (just in slightly different clothes and for half the hours). Or do I need to break in and steal one. Wait does it give it away that I did it if I write that on the forum? haha I have sunday off, hope I'm in time.

-Chuck

Chuck, you sound like you could break this story wide open. I guess proximity to the shop has its advantages... Google has been absolutely no help on this.

There should be a rule here that teases (though frowned upon in general) be limited to 24-hours. ;)

You will find no information on this knife until Jon shares it. All I'm saying is one will be added to my collection. (living walking distance to where Jon decided to open his shop allows me to occasionally (when I'm not at work) stop in and see a proto type.

-Chuck

sorry... i just got them in and was excited... i still need to check on a few things before i'm ready to announce them, but you wont find them anywhere else... a benefit of having stuff made for us ;)

Gengestu... the newest addition to the JKI lineup... Coming Soon

Stainless Clad White #2 Knives and Burnt Chestnut Octagonal Handles

Exclusive to JKI... custom made for our order

399507_10150507009623860_369479678859_8857061_906812360_n.jpg

Let's see the handles! These are going to be sweet.

How thick are they?

We're going to do one exclusive knife from this to celebrate the launch of this line... i've sharpened one of the 240mm Wa-Gyutos and given it a cool finish. It will go up for sale at a time we will announce on facebook, twitter, and google plus. Here's a pic of that one (sorry for the bad lighting, but its a way for you to see the handle and blade profile). They also all come with sayas.

408935_10150507034658860_369479678859_8857111_1821374511_n.jpg

OK, whos gonna be first and send it to Dave to raise the cladding? lol

Back