• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yoshihiro 300mm (almost) shironiko yanagiba (AU/SYD)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
To celebrate being able to sell here, what I have today is my starter and first yanagiba: Yoshihiro white steel #2. I have lost a bit of the length over the past year and a bit (about 280 now) learning how to use and sharpen it as a home cook. In its current form, it is just off the stone with flat bevel (with hamaguri edge) and even polish. The body is also polished to hazy mirror.

I am looking for $AUD145+postage, considering that a brand new 270mm one is about $US175 shipped to AU and does not have that flat and even bevel. AusPost postage to oversea is quite prohibitive, so it make sense for this to stay local. Reasonable offers are welcome too.

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Any best offer within Oz? This will be a very good beginner yanagiba and I could use some fund for an upgrade.

And you are welcome to inspect and pick up the good if you are around SYD area.

Back