• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Mioroshi Deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot more fish of late and want to give a mioroshi a try. Not looking for anything terribly fancy or special, but rather a working knife. I'd prefer something in the 195-240mm range, but if priced right might try something a little smaller. Not looking for any major restoration projects but minor touchups are okay. If anyone has anything gathering dust in a drawer which they're willing to part with, drop me a PM.

Thanks!

Interested in a Misono miroshi deba in swedish steel? I have a friend who has one and used it a little bit but stopped because a) he was scared it would rust (only uses stainless now) and b) he didn't know how to sharpen it. He tried to sharpen it and cut himself so just stopped after that!

I'll try to get pics and size if you are interested. I think its 270mm or 240mm.

eh? misono swedish steel mioroshi? never seen one of these... can you post pics anyways just to satisfy my curiosity?

(sorry for clouding up the thread)

Well without even looking, I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong.

Is mioroshi deba same or different as western deba? I thought they are the same.

Anyways this is the knife
Img604.jpg

from http://japanesechefsknife.com/SwedenSteelSeries.html

labelled as "western deba"

Of course its not as stubby looking as the one in the pic (the pic is 165mm i think). It also has a dragon engraving on it.

Nah they're not the same. Mioroshi deba is a skinnier/longer version of a regular deba. They're still single beveled with the hollow ground back side.

mioroshi deba is a combination of yanagiba and deba... it looks like a thinner more narrow version of a deba and generally comes in lengths from 210mm-300mm

Back