• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gesshin Ginga 210 wa petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm putting up one of my favorite knives, since i am now the exec. sous chef i don't get much use out of this knife anymore since I'm not on the line very much.

I usually opt for a gyuto over this when i have more space. I have kept this knife in pristine condition. Had it for less than a year.

Im looking to get 175$ Comes with saya and original box.

IMG_0413.jpg

can't get my other photos to upload if you guys want more let me know and il put them on picasa for you.

No one interested?? i guess il hold onto it for a while.

I'd be interested if I didn't have one already... I LOVE that knife, btw.

I'm tempted, but I have the 240 gyuto version.

Grrr...I want a smaller petty, like a 150.

Like !! Wish i have extra cash for it

Its a great knife, use it on anything from shallots to lobsters, and boy it gets so sharp! i just wish i got more chances to use it but i can't justify having it if i don't use it.

Hi, I'm interested in this one but can't find a way to contact you (noob)...please contact me if possible!

chefget at comcast dot net

Thanks,

-Michael

Hi, I'm interested in this one but can't find a way to contact you (noob)...please contact me if possible!

I am sure he will get in touch with you Michael, but try sending a PM. You must have (2) forum posts in order to do this (some sort of security feature).

Sorry to hijack your thread, but could somebody tell me what's the difference between a long Petty knife and
a similar length Gyuto.
I'm a newbie and just trying to learn.
Thanks,
Lenny

Lenny,
The biggest difference is the height of the blade, often the grind is flatter on the sides, as opposed to convex on many gyutos and the profile (edge curve) can be a little less "tip high" due to the shallower blade profile.
Hope that helps.

Back