Whats up for 2012?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone got some special orders they wanna share?
Or any plans on some cool knives this year?

I think its to long between the cool buys here, so just wonder if anybody got some interesting purchases in 2012 :)

I have 3 knives ordered from Marko. A 180mm Gyuto, a 150mm Petty (both in 52100) and a (wait for it) 270mm Suji in ladder damascus with a pimped handle (possibly a little mokume):bliss: That's why I said "I should be jealous, but..." on your tease thread:D

Ohh...

AEB-L on the ladder pattern?
Great choice of maker. Marko is def most bang for da bucks atm, in one year he will be able to double his prices :)

Actually, this one is in high contrast carbon, so it will really show off. It will primarily be a slicer (I'm pairing it with one of Pierre's forks), so bling is definitely desirable.

To what I'm waiting for this year:

Dave Gyuto - which is close to being finished
Del Nakiri
Pierre Pettysuki

All in O1

Pierre Fork

Really excited for them all.

What else I hope for this year:

Rehandle my carter
Get onto Marko's list
Get a DT
Get a boardsmith

Sounds like a fun year!

Nice!

DT custom? I think DT backorder is more like 1,5 year or something :)
Nice knives though :)

- Get better at managing my time
- New heat treating approach for both stainless and carbon
- New type of knives

I have a few cool things planned for 2012. Going to do some traditional stuff. It is still in the finalizing stages, but will post teaser pics when the time comes
New drill press
New HT oven
Damascus press
More J knives
Boardsmith board

I have one from Pierre Damascus Gyuto in like a bubble wrap pattern with redwood handle and copper trim, which. I'm so excited for! And a Gyuto from Marko which I'm equally excited for, haven't chosen the handle material yet. And a damascus petty from Del with a buckeye handle.

Then I'm looking at one or two others for myself, lot of ways this could go DT, Dave, another Pierre, another Marko, another Del, J knife rehandled by Dave?

Need a wa handle for my Nakiri, and have one on order from Stefan for a suji that hopefully comes this year.

Then maybe a his and hers set for my best friends wedding. Though I don't know if the gift seems too self serving?

Got one on the way from a KKF maker, another in the next few months, and just got on a list for what will likely be a 2013 delivery :cool2:

And I'm always on the lookout for other kitchen tools that Del might crank out!

Let's just say I have alot of trades going on and potential trades. I'm not exactly sure about all the details, I left alot up to the makers. I don't know what most of the stuff is, but I know it will be awesome.

i wish. you have awesome taste in Knives, Oivind. In a few months I will have some for you to look at, some really cool stuff. Think ivory.

Im so looking forward to see pics :)

However I have a no order policy for 2012, luckily for me I ordered enough in 2010 an 2011.. Pics to come

not selling, some of the makers here are doing special projects for me. i myself sorta have a no buying policy, but not a no trading policy. that's the key.

Don't need anything, but I will likely get a yanagi this year.

either the Blue#1 Gesshin Hide or a Mizuo/Masamoto in white#2

A 210 petty and a rehandle of my Konosuke. Other than that I want to get a nice new paring knife and another 270 gyuto

Have a couple stones on the way from Jon at the moment.
A serving fork and gravy ladle in the works from Del.
And Dave will start making a custom board for me on Monday from Black Cherry :bliss:
I'm sure a couple more things will pop up during the year though. Also planning on buying a house sometime this year, so I need to be tighter with my money (not off to a great start)

Got my Martell Suji ths month! :D
A project with Marko in its infancy.
A 'secret' project. :)razz: Oivind :tease:)
Other than that, maybe pick up something interesting if I get can get up to the mainland this year.

I'm hoping for a 260mm Carter funayuki (custom order) and a Marko practice knife. A Boardsmith is also on the list.

330mm konosuke extra tall kensaki yanagi was supposed to be delivered today.
Alas...snow storm hit the area and the fedex says "delivery exception".
It's one of the two knives that I am going to get this year (no more). :D

Sadly, things have taken a turn for the worse this past week. Much to the chagrin of my wife, apparantly there will be two more packages heading my way later this week. And no, they will not be in the price range of the 210 Hiromoto AS 'second' that got me started barely two years ago :O

Back