NYC Food Show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else going tomorrow? These things aren't usually my thing but I'm going tomorrow to look at products we could possibly use for the Barclays tournament. I may do something else while I'm there, haven't decided yet. Maybe go to Korin or something IDK, depends on time.

So I was in the Javits center today at the food show. Anyone else attend?

True World Foods now sells knives. :confused:

Yeah they had Sakai Takayuki Grand Chef stuff on hand but in my eyes they were way over priced. I mean a honesuki was like $630!! I'm not spending $600 on a friggin beater knife.

They were slicing up some bluefin tuna. I believe I had the belly portion. Served with a light dressing of soy and freshly grated real wasabi. Very delicious. The tuna was just so buttery it was really unbelievable. I actually took a picture of the booth with those huge display knives. I'll put em up later.

Yeah they had Sakai Takayuki Grand Chef stuff on hand but in my eyes they were way over priced. I mean a honesuki was like $630!! I'm not spending $600 on a friggin beater knife.

They were slicing up some bluefin tuna. I believe I had the belly portion. Served with a light dressing of soy and freshly grated real wasabi. Very delicious. The tuna was just so buttery it was really unbelievable. I actually took a picture of the booth with those huge display knives. I'll put em up later.

Yeah, I did that on Monday. Pretty damned good! Did you stay for the ike-jime demo too?

No I didn't get to see that. Would have been interesting though. Here's the pic from the display case of show knives.

3-2-2011024.jpg

That case was like 4 feet tall! lol

Latest posts

Back