Sweden checking in

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candlejack

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm Daniel.
I'm in my last year of culinary school (a.k.a 3 years of time mostly wasted) soon to go out into the real world. I've been at a few places and have some experience already.
One of my favorite places, where i feel most at home in the kitchen is www.restaurangag.se which is focused on meats and is one of the most unpretentious places i've been to.
So much love for the produce.

I got interested in knives when i felt the need to get myself my first own chef's knife. I am the kind of person that reads up alot and has an easy time getting snowed in on things (which is why knives, computers and headphones (and amplifiers) have started to ruin me.)

My first knife was an Akifusa 24cm gyoto in SRS-15. Not the easiest choice for a newbie, but starting up with tough powdered tool steel was a good choice. With that i bought a Spyderco Sharpmaker (Sorry guys, no stones here. Sorry to disappoint))

Which was a treat. After that, a 15cm Kagayaki Petty in VG10 followed, and after that a 16,5cm Kagayaki Santoku in Aogami Super, first time with carbon. First time really in love with the steel. This was followed by a ******** Addict 2, which had great Fit & Finish, and a really polished edge. But it doesn't feel as sharp. Going to take my time and profile it to 15 or 20 degrees i think.

Last to join me is a Fu-rin-ka-zan Nakiri, which i haven't gotten to use enough yet. But i was happily surprised. I think magnolia looks awful. To the point of disgust. But that's on picture. Once i held it in my hand i liked it, not as much as Sandalwood but still, i like it.

I also have my trusty ol' shitknife. A knife my mother got from her boss for christmas. A Sagaform Edge in 1.4116 but i like it, i don't have to care for it. I can lend it to people, and it sharpens up in no time.

I've also started trying out stropping with 3 micron compound and cardboard. And i like the results. A lot. So now i'm looking to buy a ready made strop.. and if i can't find that.. some leather to fix one myself.

So here i am, figuring out ways to get rid of my money.. i need a new knife-bag, this one is starting to get filled up..

Welcome! I'm absolutely 100% positive that we can find ways to separate you from your money.

Tjena!

Velkommen til forumet. Fin restaurant, kanskje jeg stikker innom når jeg er i Stockholm neste gang :)

Thanks guys, and haha. I'm sure we will find something to blow the money on.. right now i'm really really keen on one of Steve's rolls.. but first i have to get a new PSU for my mothers computer. (and with that.. i'll get myself an upgrade and shove my old PSU into hers.)

Tjena!

Velkommen til forumet. Fin restaurant, kanskje jeg stikker innom når jeg er i Stockholm neste gang :)

Ja, gör det! Riktigt härligt ställe. Börja med lite tapas i baren så ska du se att du får en gudomlig kväll!

Tjenare och välkommen!

The vendors/knifemakers on the forum will take care of those nasty evil money.

Latest posts

Back