Japanese Knives Introducing Gengetsu (1/22/12 @ noon PST)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Gengetsu going up for sale on our website at 12pm Sunday 1/22/12
400401_10150509731228860_369479678859_8864832_1591046554_n.jpg

Exclusive to JKI... stainless clad white #2 knives

thanks... would you believe no post processing on any of the photos i do? I'm too lazy ;)

Very cool, like the good old day of transparency. Missed Kodachrome, Ektachrome, and Velvia myself.

I can't speak to knives as well as the Sr. guys here, but between your customer service and.. ^^ marketing aesthetic ...if you're not breaking even then there's something rotten in Denmark.

Sweet lookin' knives...and the 240mm is already gone.

Maybe Jon couldn't resist the temptation and kept the beauty as a product sample.

also, for what its worth, i have a 240mm gytuo from this line... it was the prototype. I test everything before we start carrying it.

... it was the prototype. I test everything before we start carrying it.

Wow, I bet that really sucks. You probably struggle through that part eh? :p

Jon I owe you some business. A Heji or Kochi 240 are high up on my list. I tried not to even look at this thread as my list is almost out of control now. Almost. ;) Nice looking knives.

Kind Regards

Jon, how would you compare these to the Kochi and Heji? They look great.

thicker than kochi, thinner than heiji. A little pointier profile than kochi.

Steel is nice for white #2, but heiji wins out in steel (he just does such a great job with his steels). Gengetsu has nicer F&F than kochi or heiji (actually, heiji's F&F has always been good, but not perfect... still one of my favorites though).

For what its worth, we're almost sold out of 240mm gyutos (sold a few today).

Also, i think the 180mm petty is really interesting... it has more height than most pettys, but not as tall as a gyuto. Also, these knives are measured from heel to tip, not handle to tip, so they run long. The 180mm pettys are similar to 210mm's you might find in sakai.

-Jon

Wow, I bet that really sucks. You probably struggle through that part eh? :p

Jon I owe you some business. A Heji or Kochi 240 are high up on my list. I tried not to even look at this thread as my list is almost out of control now. Almost. ;) Nice looking knives.

Kind Regards

yeah...the testing is hard, but someone has to do it :p

thanks... would you believe no post processing on any of the photos i do? I'm too lazy ;)

My wife just started shooting in film in addition to her normal stuff. Very cool what you can learn to see and use if you go that route.

These knives are sweet, btw.

Latest posts

Back