Quantcast
Hours worked - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hours worked

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Dang!! Well if you hear about anything similar, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
    I guess it's true what they say "timing is everything"
    shankster:

A really good place to start if you're looking for a Mon-Fri days gig is ARAMARK, they run contract food services at higher education institutions and also provide business dining services. Also, any prosperous restaurant in our financial district is sure to be looking for weekday help. I'll let you know if I find anything, but that might help you.

Thanks cnochef! I've heard of ARAMARK and I think I've applied for a job,through them, at U of T about 6 years ago.Unfortunately they told me I was "over qualified" for the job.Maybe I'll try again.I've also thought about applying at a private school like Havergal or something similar.Would ARAMARK run those kinds of kitchens as well?
    Thanks again for the tips.
    Cheers
    Peter

Thanks cnochef! I've heard of ARAMARK and I think I've applied for a job,through them, at U of T about 6 years ago.Unfortunately they told me I was "over qualified" for the job.Maybe I'll try again.I've also thought about applying at a private school like Havergal or something similar.Would ARAMARK run those kinds of kitchens as well?
    Cheers
    Peter
    That is another good idea! Sometimes the private schools contract out to a company like Aramark, but sometimes they run their own too. Another good place to look is retirement homes.

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    That is another good idea! Sometimes the private schools contract out to a company like Aramark, but sometimes they run their own too. Another good place to look is retirement homes.
    Butt wouldn't you get tired of cooking salisbury steak and pudding?:biggrin2:
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Cheers
    Peter
    Here is one I found right away by using Google and the search term chef/manager Toronto:

https://aramark.taleo.net/careersect...g=en&job=64837

I just thought of another potential employer www.compass-canada.com

I work at one of those Hired-by-a-college-caterers! It is amazing hours--630 to 430 mon-fri. Pay sucks, though, and the diet of college kids gets depressing. Still it's the cushiest food service job I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Here is one I found right away by using Google and the search term chef/manager Toronto:

https://aramark.taleo.net/careersect...g=en&job=64837

I just thought of another potential employer www.compass-canada.com

Thanks again cno.Much appreciated!I'll check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Butt wouldn't you get tired of cooking salisbury steak and pudding?:biggrin2:
    Hay I like Salisbury steak! Pudding too, tapioca is my favorite yum yum

Great avatar Niloc! I just watched "Gangs of New York" last night.Great movie and Daniel Day Lewis plays such a great psycho/patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    Last summer she had me digging a koi pond under flood light in the middle of the night when I would get home from work. Talk about tired, work 16 hours then come home and dig for 3 hours.
    Hey Colin...at any point in your digging, did you ever think about burying the wife and calling it a day?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter