Quantcast
Hours worked - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hours worked

Pete a lot of us do(get burnt out). Many of the ones who don't I would guess don't have a strong relationship with family at home. And if you do you have a hell of a wife to tolerate and support your chosen career. People have no idea the stress away from the job it brings with relationships nevermind at work. I feel in this business it's a little harder to pull away than in other ones, even though it always takes sacrifice to be great

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    I just hope that those of you working seventy plus hours aren't paid salary. How do you keep from getting burnt out being away from your family and friends so much?
    I was paid salary! I made $1800 a month for the first year of my daughter's life, in return for being gone 930am-1030pm/1200am every day but Tuesday. I was basically lied to about how much the job was, the boss made it sound like $16 an hour starting(not 1600 a month--my failing business was making me THAT), and by the time I got my first full paycheck(over 4 weeks later) I had been working there long enough to be stuck...it took a year and a return to school to back out without being unemployed, it was 2009 after all. I still don't make enough money, but I get enough money from grants going to school that I consider it my part-time job.

How do I keep from burning out? I talk a lot at work, and come home and obsess about knives. Now I have office hours, which totally works for me, until I start my own business.

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Yo guy!! Hook a brotha up!!
    Just a little too late! I hired a new permanent part-time assistant last month at minimum 25 hours/wk @$21/hr. It's the first time I've had a permanent assistant, and I keep getting busier and busier, so I'm happy needless to say.

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Just a little too late! I hired a new permanent part-time assistant last month at minimum 25 hours/wk @$21/hr. It's the first time I've had a permanent assistant, and I keep getting busier and busier, so I'm happy needless to say.
    Dang!! Well if you hear about anything similar, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
    I guess it's true what they say "timing is everything"

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    I hired a new permanent part-time assistant last month at minimum 25 hours/wk @$21/hr.
    Are dollars worth less over there??!

Then again, I heard on the news today that Texas has the lowest unemployment in America--paired with the lowest earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Are dollars worth less over there??!

Then again, I heard on the news today that Texas has the lowest unemployment in America--paired with the lowest earnings.
    The U.S and Canadian $ are pretty much on par these days give or take a few cents either way.And hopefully it will stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    I was paid salary! I made $1800 a month for the first year of my daughter's life, in return for being gone 930am-1030pm/1200am every day but Tuesday. I was basically lied to about how much the job was, the boss made it sound like $16 an hour starting(not 1600 a month--my failing business was making me THAT), and by the time I got my first full paycheck(over 4 weeks later) I had been working there long enough to be stuck...it took a year and a return to school to back out without being unemployed, it was 2009 after all. I still don't make enough money, but I get enough money from grants going to school that I consider it my part-time job.

How do I keep from burning out? I talk a lot at work, and come home and obsess about knives. Now I have office hours, which totally works for me, until I start my own business.
    To keep from burning out, hire good people who are right there with you. And obsessing about knives helps. I find a good sharpening session cures a migraine better than copious amounts of Excederin.

Im no chef but works 7 1/2 hours a day 5 days a week - and Im exhausted!!

I don't think you get burned out till you stop and think about it? I Try to injoy work as much as I can. I think it's just what your use too? I been doing hour/weeks/years like this so long it's all I know. I'm lost when I have to much "free" time, I find I get more done with the less time I have off.
    I will say that it has gotten a little harder the last few years. maybe I'm getting old, but it's most likely the fact that I'm married now. Last summer she had me digging a koi pond under flood light in the middle of the night when I would get home from work. Talk about tired, work 16 hours then come home and dig for 3 hours.

I hire a digger , now!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

+ Reply to Thread