• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda 240mm AS Kiritsuke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
Just bought Dave's 270 so I am selling my 240. Used very lightly re-sharpened only once. The handle is two tone spalted maple burl/mammoth ivory spacer/amboyna ferrule.
$325.00 delivered to ConUS add $10.00 for delivery to Canada
Thanks Mike

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

I just realized all the pics are of the right hand side of the knife. Here is a pic of the left

IMG_0967.jpg

Noooooo... you did not just put something damn tempting in front of me (again).... That's not fair! :)

Some dims. 45mm tall @ the heel, 40mm tall at the tip,2.80mm thick @heel, 1.31mm @ midpoint, 1.00mm @tip, 245mm edge

If I hadn't bought 3 knives in the past few days, I would take this.

-Chuck

For those looking, Mike's handles are hands down superior to standard WAs. If I hadn't just made some purchases myself I would highly consider this, wanting to try both a Takeda and Kiritsuke gyuto.

Kind Regards

Bryan

A third recommendation for Mike's work. Very crisp, clean, and comfortable handles.

I'll also vouch for Mike's work! I've got two now and both handles are clean and beautiful. He does a great job. And the knives have both been exactly as described. If my wife hadn't just gotten rear-ended and requiring a couple grand in body work (insurance will reimburse, but it might take a bit) I'd be all over this.

Oh yeah. Everyone's fine. Well, not the Mitsubishi Galant since my wife was in her Sierra 1500 with 12k lb rated, class 4 tow hitch... Dude must have been texting, cuz apparently my wife and a witness who was kind enough to stick around, both said that the light was red for a while...

Anyway, back to topic, PLEASE someone buy this. Mike's work rocks, and Takedas work rocks, so this is just going to be one kick-ass knife!

C'mon guys are you gonna make me give away another handle. $275.00 if it doesn't sell at this price I am keeping it

C'mon guys are you gonna make me give away another handle. $275.00 if it doesn't sell at this price I am keeping it

If someone doesn't grab this I'm sure I'll cave in at this price!

My wife is going to have a fit, but I am going to bite on this one. PM sent.

I was trying to justify that one in my head, but after picking up a Carter, JNS1k, Rika 5k and a vintage cast iron griddle in the last month, I wasn't really coming up with a good argument for the wife.:spankarse:

My wife is going to have a fit, but I am going to bite on this one. PM sent.

I don't have a good one for her either, but payment has been sent. I'll have to think of something pretty quickly. :scratchhead:

Oh, thank you! I was telling myself I really don't need *2* Takeda 240 kiri-gyutos, but I kept coming back to this :)

Back