Quantcast
Happy CNY!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy CNY!

Happy CNY!

Happy Chinese New Year! Happy Lunar New Year! Happy Sunday!

Big cooking day for me today. Prepping a little family get-together dinner. Just 4 of us around the table tonight, but it'll be a helluva meal: Cantonese-style roast duck, steamed chicken w/ shiitake mushrooms, steamed fish, braised ribs w/ potatoes & carrots, stir-fried beef w/ veggies. Basically I'm trying to have one of every animal that's common for Cantonese cooking on the table Oh, and ox-tail soup was already done yesterday and is simmeringly nicely at the moment

Fish is important, though, for CNY. I had to hit 4 local asian supermarkets to get a fish that I wanted. 2 were absolutely sold out of live fish - the tanks were bare. One had only small fish left - like 1-pounders. The final one, which was actually a market I'd never been to, had a fair selection but were getting short on 2-pounders. Luckily I got one which was particularly lively to boot!

Gonna start getting things rolling in the kitchen in just a lil' bit. Thankfully I'm not bound by any pics-or-it-didn't-happen rules for food since I'm the only one working in the kitchen today
    Len

Happy CNY! Enjoy your meal and the day!

Happy CNY! Dinner sound great! enjoy!

happy new year, isn't it tomorrow the 23rd? Happy old year? If not I maybe in trouble and need to call mom

Happy new water dragon year..

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    What? You never wish folks a Happy New Year a few days before the first? As you know, this is a very much a bigger deal in China than it is here. The longest and most important celebration of the year. Many around the world have already started partying...which is always a good thing. ;-)

Today's New Year's Eve Dinner's coming along nicely. Everything's gonna be ready in time for when the others arrive
    Len

Happy New Year!

I was at Central Market today(a Texas-based foodie grocer), and their chef's case had a meal deal for CNY. It was fried rice with square carrots and english peas, snow peas side, potsticker, and TERIYAKI CHICKEN. ***. It's not even Chinese food!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    It's not even Chinese food!
    That said, it still sounds pretty tasty.

Maybe I'll do spaghetti for CNY!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig