Happy CNY!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
Happy Chinese New Year! Happy Lunar New Year! Happy Sunday! :D

Big cooking day for me today. Prepping a little family get-together dinner. Just 4 of us around the table tonight, but it'll be a helluva meal: Cantonese-style roast duck, steamed chicken w/ shiitake mushrooms, steamed fish, braised ribs w/ potatoes & carrots, stir-fried beef w/ veggies. Basically I'm trying to have one of every animal that's common for Cantonese cooking on the table :D Oh, and ox-tail soup was already done yesterday and is simmeringly nicely at the moment :)

Fish is important, though, for CNY. I had to hit 4 local asian supermarkets to get a fish that I wanted. 2 were absolutely sold out of live fish - the tanks were bare. One had only small fish left - like 1-pounders. The final one, which was actually a market I'd never been to, had a fair selection but were getting short on 2-pounders. Luckily I got one which was particularly lively to boot!

Gonna start getting things rolling in the kitchen in just a lil' bit. Thankfully I'm not bound by any pics-or-it-didn't-happen rules for food since I'm the only one working in the kitchen today ;)

happy new year, isn't it tomorrow the 23rd? Happy old year? If not I maybe in trouble and need to call mom

What? You never wish folks a Happy New Year a few days before the first? As you know, this is a very much a bigger deal in China than it is here. The longest and most important celebration of the year. Many around the world have already started partying...which is always a good thing. ;-)

Today's New Year's Eve :) Dinner's coming along nicely. Everything's gonna be ready in time for when the others arrive :)

Happy New Year!

I was at Central Market today(a Texas-based foodie grocer), and their chef's case had a meal deal for CNY. It was fried rice with square carrots and english peas, snow peas side, potsticker, and TERIYAKI CHICKEN. ***. It's not even Chinese food!

Happy CSNY!

csny.jpg

Back