• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

150mm Yoshikane SKD petty with saya, 85mm Yoshikane SKD paring with upgraded handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
I really love these knives, but don't use them too much, so I thought I'd put them up for sale. If one of them sells, I might just pull the other one off to keep for myself. We'll see.

The first a 150mm petty. Very thin with great distal taper. I love this thing (it was the first Japanese knife that I got). I thinned it out a little while ago and there are some deep diamond plate scratches that I never bothered to remove. I know...I was dumb enough to use a diamond plate. Anyways, it cuts incredibly well, has great release, etc. It's just not super pretty, still has the patina, and doesn't have the best edge on it at the moment. I paid around 190 USD for this knife, so I'm asking 110 USD. That's more than a third off the original price.

The next is an 85mm paring knife. Ever since Mike put a new handle on it, this one's been much more comfortable to use. The stock handle just didn't feel right. The handle that Mike made is BEAUTIFUL and very cleanly done. It's a shame that my pictures don't show it. I also repolished the face of the blade with finger stones, so it has a pretty nice (but not amazing, Maksim quality) finish now. There is some patina on the knife. I invested around 190 USD in this knife as well. I'm asking 135 USD for this one. It's a little more than the other, but that's because this one is basically new, but better than new. I'm pretty sure that's cheaper than the ones on Epicurean Edge with the stock handle. Given that Mike gave me a deal on the handle, I think the handle on this alone is worth near that price.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to buy either knife. That'd be much better than posting in the thread. Both prices include CONUS shipping with tracking. If you want insurance, it will be a little extra. International buyers should contact me about shipping prices. CONUS or international, I cannot be responsible for anything that happens to the package if you do not purchase insurance.

photo1-8.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

photo3-6.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo1-9.jpg

photo2-7.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

photo4-4.jpg

photo5-4.jpg

photo1-10.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

photo3-8.jpg

Ill be off to the gym now, if the parer is here when I return I might likely have a go at it.
Ill be back in 2 hours, working those muscles thinking about that parer. I hate you! :)

It's a nice knife, so you gotta look good for it, I guess. Not one of those back-alley Carters, lol

Edit: Let me add one warning, though...any sort of international shipping other than the most basic is likely to be obscenely expensive as I learned (yet again) today. It is always going to be close to 35-40 USD to ship an international package with tracking and insurance (the two come together, but insurance over 70 dollars is extra on top of it all).

It is a very cool little knife. I keep looking at it myself, should of asked if I could use it when I had it

The handle you did is great, too. It feels good and looks good.

Argh: international shipping sucks!

Well if its here tomorrow I can't let it go to another :p
I really don't need this, but then again Im sure it will make me more happy. Awesome knife.
If its still here within the next 48 hours, Ill take it (I think).

The paring knife is sold, too.

The main part is amboyna, and the ferrule is koa.

Back