Sneak Peak

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
This will come in store very soon :D :wink:

IMGP0375.jpg

I think many of you know thes boxes !

Ok most of them are already reserved but some will go on website soon !

Shigefusa 150 mm KU Petty with special Old chestnut handle. It is special order Shigefusa pettys that will not be made again !

IMGP0377.jpg

IMGP0379.jpg

IMGP0380.jpg

IMGP0382.jpg

IMGP0383.jpg

And I bought one. Could not resist.

Thank you !!! your package is on the way already :D

Thank you guys !! Only 3 left !

I have put 10 a side for my Knife Sharpening Class, the ones that will not be sold there, going on website too.

It never fails to amaze me how popular Shigefusa knives are. I guess people are willing to pay a premium for such great cutters.

Have you become an official supplier of Shigefusa?

A reliable supplier in Europe would be very welcome. I'm shure i could come up with a few Euros to add a shig gyuto to my collection.

Freshly used Shigefusa Petty ! I had to kip one for my self too :D
BTW notis how there are no reaction to the onion

[video=youtube;g8BEH8LjI34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8BEH8LjI34&list=UUs-7XfitjOEgbKX0842AtLQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Got my petty today, superb FF, a very nice blade it has Moritaka-like profile, with great one piece handle. I am very excited about it, and can't wait to try it for food prep.

Thanks !!! :D
Let me know how they are, and some pictures will be apriceated :wink:

I can give a bit of a review after I used it tonight.
OOTB the knife was very sharp, I cut 5 lb potatoes, onion, bacon. No smell or discoloration, no wedging in the potatoes, the handle feels very comfortable.
Them blade is wider than petty but did not feel like it is when I used it in hand.
For me this is a great knife.

I can give a bit of a review after I used it tonight.
OOTB the knife was very sharp, I cut 5 lb potatoes, onion, bacon. No smell or discoloration, no wedging in the potatoes, the handle feels very comfortable.
Them blade is wider than petty but did not feel like it is when I used it in hand.
For me this is a great knife.
Forgot to add, the steel is not reactive at all.

That's definitely one thing that I never experienced with my Shig either. The steel wasn't very reactive at all. Maybe it's only with the kitaeji versions (?).

That's definitely one thing that I never experienced with my Shig either. The steel wasn't very reactive at all. Maybe it's only with the kitaeji versions (?).
I have kasumi gyuto that is not very reactive, and that KU petty is even less so.

I just received this little fella and had to test it right away. Cut an onion and it was a smooth effortless experience. Couldn't be more pleased. And yes, no reactiveness what so ever :D

Thanks Peco !! I am happy that you like it :D

I can't wait to see what I receive next :D

Got mine yesterday, sharpest OOTB I've bought. Nice profile too.

I like the handle better than I thought I would.

I've looked at the Heji's with burnt handles ( photos ), for ages, nowI want one more!

Thanks to Maksim for great service.

Rowan...

The more I use this little shig - the more I like it ... just awesome for fine prepwork!

Back