• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 24 cm kasumi wa-gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NIB. $495 shipped insured to CONUS address. PM for payment details.

Thanks for looking,

Rick

e4bbb6b6.jpg

Must resist urge to buy another knife.

Must resist ...

Must...

Mmmmmmmm.

Thank god you did it!

You're welcome. ;)

I tried to ignore this. Let it sit for a few hours. I even asked Jon Broida to tell me it wasn't necessary (as I was in the middle of emailing back and forth with him about a 240mm gyuto when I saw this post). Instead of being the voice of reason, he said, "what's one more knife?" I guess in this case, the answer to his question is $495!

hey... its a cool knife and notably different from the 240 you ordered with me. I'm just trying to help you widen your range of experience :p

Sooooo, what did you pick up from Jon?...Sounds like you are having a great knife day.

You're welcome. ;)

I tried to ignore this. Let it sit for a few hours. I even asked Jon Broida to tell me it wasn't necessary (as I was in the middle of emailing back and forth with him about a 240mm gyuto when I saw this post). Instead of being the voice of reason, he said, "what's one more knife?" I guess in this case, the answer to his question is $495!

Sooooo, what did you pick up from Jon?...Sounds like you are having a great knife day.

Here. Let me copy and paste from the invoice:

1. Gesshin Hide 240mm Blue #2 Hon-Kasumi Wa-Gyuto with Ebony Octagon Handle and Black Horn (with ho wood saya)

2. Gesshin Heiji 210mm Semi-Stainless Wa-Gyuto with Ebony Octagon Handle and Black Horn (with sandalwood saya)

Great knife day, yes. But as I told Jon, I am not looking forward to balancing my checkbook at the end of this month!

-Johnny

Here. Let me copy and paste from the invoice:

1. Gesshin Hide 240mm Blue #2 Hon-Kasumi Wa-Gyuto with Ebony Octagon Handle and Black Horn (with ho wood saya)

2. Gesshin Heiji 210mm Semi-Stainless Wa-Gyuto with Ebony Octagon Handle and Black Horn (with sandalwood saya)

Great knife day, yes. But as I told Jon, I am not looking forward to balancing my checkbook at the end of this month!

-Johnny

NICE.

...waiting 50 years to get hold of one of those....only a few days left to live...my one dream and it has been shattered...

Just a quick note of thanks to Rick for this. Purchased on Monday, shipped on Tuesday, and in my hands (after traveling from Florida to California) on Thursday. Can't ask for more than that. Knife was carefully packaged and is exactly as was described, a brand new Shigefusa 240mm gyuto in its original blue box! Razor sharp (by my standards) out of the box. It is much heavier than I expected (makes my slightly longer Masamoto KS feel like a feather in comparison, and even feels heavier than my 270mm Carter). I'm pretty sure I love it already, and look forward to putting it through its paces. How Rick came to be in possession of such an item and why he decided to let it go I don't know (never asked), but I'm happy he did! If you ever have a chance to deal with Rick, don't hesitate.

I second, third, hell, hundredth that. He's a great guy!

Back