The pro, the geek, the noob, and the knife maker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
We had a great time at the show. It was great to meet Salty, tk59, and phoneman at the show. We talked knives, sharpening, knife making etc. We forgot the camera on Saturday, so thank you Salty for posting a pic of the four of us in the thread "Vegas show".

Salty is crazy (good crazy) just like I thought he would be. He rented the penthouse suite and a Ferarri just for the show. He brought the scimitar and it was fun to see it again. He bought himself a shark skin wallet and enjoyed the gun show section of the show. He was very gracious to everyone, and kind of took the noob (phoneman) under his wing so to speak. Great leadership skills without being overbearing.

Tk59 was also about what I imagined, young, athletic build, very intelligent, inquisitive, focussed, eager, etc. He brought some sharpening stones and sharpened one of the super wear resistant steel knives to see how they would do on water stones. The guy knows his stuff on sharpening! He took one home to do some more testing and review, we'll see what he finds out. We talked knife making, he showed me some of the stuff that he is working on and dropped off some blanks for heat treating. We've got to get him to buy a good grinder though.

Noob was fun. The guy was asking lots of questions of everyone and soaking up as much as possible. His wife is adorable, funny, and talkative. She was tough comming to the show with him, and very patient with all of us. I'm not sure but I think that he probably lost some sleep trying to remember everything that we talked about. They drove down from Reno to the show and talked about the drive, the kids etc. Lots of fun.

It would have been fun to be able to spend a little more time with the three of them, maybe next year.

Hopefully we'll have them back next year, heck maybe we'll have a few more forum members there next year.

Thanks guy's.

Love and respect

Hoss

Glad to hear everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing some of the good times, Hoss!

sounds like a fun time! what kind of Ferrari was it?

R 430 Spyder. You'll have to check out Devin's section for a short vid. I got a tattoo to.

And I will be there next year.

Salty,
So now that you've done it in Vegas - Are you ready to take that thing through the I-94 Racine / Kenosha corridor to the Illinois border and see if all those State Troopers can catch you?

Salty,
So now that you've done it in Vegas - Are you ready to take that thing through the I-94 Racine / Kenosha corridor to the Illinois border and see if all those State Troopers can catch you?

I'm sure it would be more comfortable than the bike was.

Wow. I get the "geek" label and you didn't even see me sharpen, haha. You should have seen Salty's reaction to me pulling out the loupe to make sure the edges came out clean. :)

Hahahaha. Salty...Next tattoo you get should be from me :D Awesome to see you guys had a good time...Jealous i wasn't there.

Back