Quantcast
Knife block - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Knife block

Quote Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
    If we could all come to a consensus (yeah sure) on a block design maybe we could convince David into making a bunch of the exact same thing. Mine is already out of slots and I'd like some paring knife slots and a scissors slot in the base and probably need about 40 slots up top.
    +1

Some paring knife slots and a scissors slot in the base works for me. Forty slots up top would be far too many for me (at least, for now!).

I think I could cut back to 40.

Stefan

Why don't we go with a more modest 25 slots, so that I could buy one and the rest of you could just buy two.

Oh, and I would like a slot for a cleaver. As long as we are putting the prototype wishlist together.

I like the idea of a modular system. The block could be built up in layers within a universal frame, with each layer of a standard spec encompassing the primary knife sizes. The idea would be to grow the block as your knife inventory grew. The sides could have a big dovetail (or something) in them so that you could add modules to accomodate paring or other small blades and common utensils.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Why don't we go with a more modest 25 slots, so that I could buy one and the rest of you could just buy two.

Oh, and I would like a slot for a cleaver. As long as we are putting the prototype wishlist together.
    The one in my picture has 2 slots for cleavers, although they needed to be a little taller.

TK, it is walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
    For those who asked

I have posted these on other forums in the past.

Jeff
    I will always LOVE that Watanabe dammy gyuto. Lucky Dog

Sorry David (if you're reading this) that those of us without one of your blocks aren't ready to accept that you are done making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Sorry David (if you're reading this) that those of us without one of your blocks aren't ready to accept that you are done making them.
    Yeah..what he said!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_knife_block__2_.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	4056

Although I don't own it, this is one of my favorite blocks. No idea who made it.