Quantcast
Handicapped chopping - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handicapped chopping

Cut left handed (assuming you're right handed). Just don't cut yourself 'cause then you'll really be screwed.

Cut the thumb off of a surgical glove. It should be big enough to go over your middle finger even with some gauze on top of the wound. Then tape the cut end to your finger to keep water getting in.

This one is most likely to succeed, I think!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I get cut more than a mandolin than anything else. We had two and there was a cut at least every other week. I finally tossed them. They are sharp and get the job done quickly, but in my experiance always lead to more injuries.

I need to brush up on slap chop skills .
    I wonder if Vince sharpens his own slap chop.

A big shot celebrity like him just gets a new one every few days!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I get cut more than a mandolin than anything else. We had two and there was a cut at least every other week. I finally tossed them. They are sharp and get the job done quickly, but in my experiance always lead to more injuries.
    Wife bought me a very good one of Xmas one year. Thanked her for the thought and returned it to Williams-Sonoma without taking it out of the box. It never made any sense to me to make the blade stationary and push the food toward it with your hand.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

At work, I use a mandolin all the time! I make everyone wear a cut-proof glove with a rubber glove over it when using it, even if they use the guard.

It makes very short, consistent work of a huge amount of food. Yes, I could cut 70 lbs of potatoes into 1/8 slices with a knife, but why would I?

I love my mandolin i have 5 or six use the heel of your hand to push through. and Dave has sharpen the blade or if you go for japanese mandolin they have replacement blades and just go to the nub of what your cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    At work, I use a mandolin all the time! I make everyone wear a cut-proof glove with a rubber glove over it when using it, even if they use the guard.

It makes very short, consistent work of a huge amount of food. Yes, I could cut 70 lbs of potatoes into 1/8 slices with a knife, but why would I?
    So you serve food with little bits of rubber glove in it?
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California